The administration in Rajam town has stepped up its efforts to create awareness among the residents about the novel coronavirus threat.
The local police has engaged scouts and guides students to help in this campaign by performing as Yamraj, the God of Death, his assistants and the coronavirus to create awareness among the people.
On Tuesday, as part of these efforts, a student dressed as Yamraj, walked the streets reminding people to stay indoors.
News agency ANI also tweeted an image of the students dressed in different characters:
— ANI Digital (@ani_digital) April 28, 2020
The coronavirus demon also accompanied Yamraj.
They raised slogans and warned the people to stay at home and take necessary precautions amid the nationwide lockdown in the wake of coronavirus threat.
The campaign was carried in the town after four people in the district were found to be infected by the deadly virus two days ago. Before this, Srikakulam district was considered a green zone.
- TDP will win half of Andhra Pradesh's Lok Sabha seats: Nara Lokesh
- Andhra Pradesh: Dy CM threatens to resign if Union govt goes ahead with NRC
- 15-yr-old kicked in the head by classmate in Andhra school; dies
- Red alert! Met Office issues highest-level warning as 'life-threatening' Storm Dennis brings more chaos today with 91mph winds, four inches of rain in 24 hours and threats of 198 floods
- It's simply disgusting that only the big towns get help: NEIL TWEEDIE on the devastation of Storm Dennis as anger at the government's response grows
- UK flood warnings and weather forecast – Brits brace for worst floods in 200 YEARS as thousands are told ‘get out’
- UK weather forecast: Month’s worth of rain to fall TODAY as Met Office warns of flooding
- UK weather forecast – Fears flood defences won’t hold as MONTH’S rain yet to fall and Met Office extends warnings
- UK weather forecast: Over 100 flood warnings issued today as MONTH’S worth of rain falls
- Go (further) West! Welsh towns are on the rise as they ride Bristol's boom and these are the new hotspots
- 'We cannot protect everyone': New environment secretary George Eustice warns over climate change as Storm Dennis brings worst flooding for a generation
- Fury at Boris Johnson for 'staying away' from flooded towns - as woman becomes fifth victim of Storm Dennis and forecasters warn Britain will be hit by two MORE inches of rain this week
- Storm Ciara claims THIRD victim as falling tree kills man, 60, walking dog after 97mph weekend winds... while Britain braces for new tempest dubbed Dennis the MENACE set to hammer UK on Saturday
- ANOTHER 79 coronavirus cases are confirmed on quarantined cruise ship as Britons on board are told to stay put or risk being banned from UK evacuation flights, while others are let off
- Cod wars to food banks: how a Lancashire fishing town is hanging on
- Coronavirus death toll climbs to 1,669 as US passengers trapped on cruise ship wait to fly home
- The world's biggest work-from-home experiment has been triggered by coronavirus
- London luxury tower block that's home to foreign students is disinfected by hazmat suit-clad workers after Chinese woman becomes the UK's 9th victim of virus
- Flood-hit Britain faces its THIRD weekend washout in a row after chaos of Storms Ciara and Dennis as Met Office warns 'never-ending' deluge shows 'no sign of calming down' with hail and even snow on the way
- Coronavirus: window of containment 'narrowing' after Iran deaths, WHO warns
‘Yamraj’ walks around a town in Andhra Pradesh, warns people to stay at home have 595 words, post on m.hindustantimes.com at April 28, 2020. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.