Samsung Vietnam has identified people who made contacts with the Covid-19 patient, put them under quarantine and strictly enforced epidemic prevention protocol.
Samsung Display has temporarily suspended a workshop at its display plant in northern Vietnam after one of its workers was confirmed to be postive with Covid-19, local media reported.
Authorities in the northern province of Bac Ninh have requested people working at the workshop to be quarantined.
|Samsung Electronics is the largest single foreign investor in Vietnam. Photo: Samsung Vietnam|
The move came after a 26-year-old worker of the Quality Control division at the Samsung Display factory in Bac Ninh province tested positive for the coronavirus on April 12, according to an announcement by Vietnam's health ministry.
The worker is from Ha Loi, a village of more than 11,000 residents on the outskirts of Hanoi which is currently put under lockdown for two weeks. He is the 262th Covid-19 patient in Vietnam and has isolated himself at home since April 7. On March 27, he made contact with Patient No.254 who is his uncle, and experienced dry cough and developed a fever four days later. He had his swab sample taken on April 11.
Samsung Vietnam's representative said the company has identified people who made contacts with their worker, put them under quarantine and strictly enforced epidemic prevention protocol.
Nguyen Huong Giang, chairwoman of the People's Committee of Bac Ninh province, told Zing that after case number 262 was confirmed, 44 people of the workshop were quarantined, the factory and buses used to transport workers to Samsung Display have been sprayed with disinfectant.
By April 13, the provincial authorities identified 106 people of close contact (F1) with Patient No.262.
Samsung Electronics is the largest single foreign investor in Vietnam, and its shipments, mostly smartphones, account for around a quarter of the country's exports.
Samsung Vietnam expects its exports to fall by nearly US$6 billion year-on-year to US$45.5 billion this year as a result of weaker demand from the US and the EU, according to a recent report by the Ministry of Industry and Trade.
- Samsung woes deepen over Galaxy Note 7
- An iconic Wall Street power spot is about to shut down, and the 1% are just starting to freak out
- Sony made an $800 phone with extravagant features you won’t find in any iPhone or Galaxy phone — here’s what it’s like
- Orlina, Co and FDCP take their artistry to the ‘Edge’
- The 22 biggest tech scandals of 2016
- The world’s 15 richest self-made women are worth $53 billion — more than the GDP of Iceland
- The 30 most powerful women in mobile advertising
- S Korea reports 3 more MERS deaths
- [NEW UPDATE] Zahid Hamidi Finally Speaks Up About "Shoot First" Remark
- Pressure mounts for Apple to expand its horizons
- The 20 best business schools in America
- Nokia Has Risen From The Dead With The N1, An Android Powered Tablet
- Long weekend movies, shows to watch
- 'Fury' And Four Other Unreleased Sony Movies Leak Online Following Hack Attack
- Should we now junk the VFA?
- Here’s what the young breakout stars of Netflix’s ‘Stranger Things’ look like in real life
- 7 leading theories on disappearance of Flight 370
- NFL WEEK 4: Our official predictions for who wins this weekend
- What Was Robin Williams Like Behind-The-Scenes?
Samsung Display Vietnam shuts workshop after Covid-19 case confrmed have 526 words, post on hanoitimes.vn at April 13, 2020. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.