In order to raise awareness about the perils of climate change, Oscar and Grammy-winning composer A.R. Rahman has joined hands with some of the world’s most notable musicians, visionaries and philanthropists for a global project titled, ‘Hands Around The World.’ The fundraising and technology initiative was officially launched on April 22nd, which marks the 50th anniversary of Earth Day.Rahman has teamed up with a variety of musicians and artists for this year-long project, which includes a new anthemic song featuring pop stars Natasha Bedingfield, Cody Simpson, soul musician MAJOR, opera icon Jonathan Cilia Faro, gospel singer Erica Atkins-Campbell of Mary Mary, and many more.Alan Parsons and the Israel Philharmonic Orchestra along with NASA and astronauts from the International Space Station have also lent their support with their One Note Symphony composition. An album of powerful songs representing music from different genres is also in the making.Says A.R. Rahman in a press release, “I am hopeful that our combination of using music and technology on this project will have this message resonate with the masses. It has been a pleasure to collaborate with so many incredible musicians from around the world.” A.R. Rahman with MAJOR | Photo Credit: Hands Around… Read full this story
- Jane Fonda is arrested for the FOURTH time during her weekly climate change protest with actress friends Rosanna Arquette and Catherine Keener
- Watch: Jane Fonda Arrested Again, with Rosanna Arquette at Climate Change Protest
- Joakim Noah celebrated Earth Day with his new blonde beard
- NSA: Australia and US used climate change conference to spy on Indonesia
- See How Climate Change Has Affected Your Area With 'Warming Stripes'
- The Russian Five is born: How iconic Red Wings changed hockey forever
- Orlando City all-in for Earth Day with Parley kits, community cleanup
- Detroit Tigers (and MLB) have a weather problem. Blame climate change?
- Olympic gold medalist Jessie Diggins heads to Congress to talk climate change
- All set for 2018 NatGeo Earth Day Run
On Earth Day, A.R. Rahman joins hands with music icons to combat climate change have 333 words, post on www.thehindu.com at April 22, 2020. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.