Nando's has become the latest fast food company to get back into business as it reopens six outlets for deliveries.
The peri-peri chicken chain has fired up the kitchens at four restaurants in London – Camberwell, Canary Jubilee, Clink Street and Gloucester Road – and Fallowfield and Printworks in Manchester – to offer a delivery service through Deliveroo.
Nando’s reopened the six sites last week to serve food for NHS workers and charities and will continue to do so.
“The menu will be reduced to help the team maintain social distance in the kitchen and food prep areas, but the majority of Nando’s favourites such as peri-peri chicken wings, halloumi and peri chips will now be available to enjoy at home,” the chain said.
“Each Nando’s restaurant has been working under Public Health England guidelines for the past week on top of their existing health and safety procedures.
“Every member of the team has been washing their hands more frequently while maintaining social distance during shifts. After a successful trial re-opening serving meals to local good causes, they are now upping production to serve the public.”
The company said more restaurants could open for deliveries if the initial six proved successful.
Meanwhile, Burger King is set to reopen a further eight stores across the UK this week, with one operating a drive-thru service. The firm is planning to reopen one site in every UK city by May 31.
McDonald's has also started operational trials to prepare its stores for reopening.
The fast food giant is testing social distancing measures for staff, PPE options and opening in a limited capacity.
McDonald's closed all its UK sites last month due to concerns over staff and customer safety. Under government rules, food firms are allowed to operate as takeaway and delivery outlets under lockdown.
Paul Pomroy, chief executive of McDonald's in the UK and Ireland, said: " For now we remain closed, and will only reopen when we are absolutely confident we can have the right measures in place to ensure everyone's wellbeing."
- Female McDonald's employees accuse fast-food chain of abuse, harassment in workplace
- Book a table for fast food? Burger King trials post-lockdown app in Italy
- Pandemic stalls US fast-food drive-thru times: Study
- Pizza Hut hires ROBOT waiters to take orders and process payments at its fast-food restaurants
- Foreign food chains threatened with boycott because of phony Vietnamese dishes
- Limited menus for McDonald’s, KFC, Nando’s and Greggs explained
- 7 rules at McDonald’s as it reopens for takeaways and why you’ll face longer queues
- Inside McDonald’s restaurants with safety measures in place as they reopen for walk-in takeaways
- COVID-19: McDonald’s Singapore to reopen most restaurants on May 11
- McDonald’s to reopen restaurants for walk-in takeaways
- McDonald's to pause US reopening of dine-in services by 21 days
- Burger King UK under fire for 'Women belong in kitchen' tweet
- Charcoal foods are all the rage – but are they bad for you?
- McDonald's accused of firing worker who sued over COVID-19 claims: Bloomberg
- Nando’s returns fan-favourite Sunset Burger to their menu for a limited time
- Nando's put teen's favourite meal back on menu after he tweets them every day for 5 weeks
- Best fire pits for 2021: Breeo, Solo Stove, Tiki, BioLite and more
- RS Recommends: The Roccbox Portable Pizza Oven Gives You Wood-Fired Pie in 60 Seconds
- Inside Odeon as it prepares to reopen cinemas with no pick and mix or cash payments
- HCM City shophouses warned on fire threat
Nando's fires up the grill as more fast food chains reopen have 571 words, post on www.telegraph.co.uk at April 28, 2020. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.