With 15,000 negative samples, it can be said that the outbreak at Bach Mai hospital is under control.
More than 1,000 staff of Hanoi-based Bach Mai Hospital and about 14,000 related people have tested negative for Covid-19 from one to three times, VnExpress quoted Director of the Hanoi Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) Nguyen Nhat Cam as saying at a meeting on April 8.
Cam said that the Hanoi CDC took a total of 15,400 samples, of which more than 3,100 samples were taken from Bach Mai Hospital and other above 12,000 were taken in the surroundings of the hospital.
|The Hanoi CDC takes samples to quickly test people liked to Bach Mai Hospital. Photo: Giang Huy|
The Hanoi CDC director has asked district authorities to continue to review cases related to Bach Mai Hospital to put them under quarantine and for them to be tested for Covid-19.
For his part, Chairman of the Hanoi People’s Committee Nguyen Duc Chung said that after Bach Mai Hospital was under lockdown for 10 days and with the above-mentioned mass testing results, it can be said that the outbreak at the hospital is under control.
Chung proposed keeping reviewing and testing 9,000 outpatients related to Bach Mai Hospital. Besides, the city government is also verifying the number of motorbike taxis and taxis that picked up passengers at the hospital in March.
Earlier, on April 3, the Hanoi mayor asked to fine people who go out without justifiable purposes during the nationwide stay-at-home period and said the punishment has legal foundation. People have to stay home except for emergency cases and for purchasing essential goods.
The city police are asked to strictly enforce the stay-at-home directive and so far hundreds of citizens have been reminded and fined.
Hanoi began rapid Covid-19 testing on March 31. Quick test kits made in South Korea have been used at the booths and they will show results after 10 minutes analyzing blood samples.
As of April 9, Hanoi reported 102 infection cases, of which 48 have been cured and 54 are under treatment.
- Hanoi needs to act more to lure investment to develop satellite urban areas
- Government launches review into food served in NHS hospitals in the wake of listeria deaths linked to pre-packaged sandwiches - and Great British Bake Off’s Prue Leith will act as an advisor
- Now four people are dead in a Legionnaires' outbreak tied to hot tubs at North Carolina state fair
- The Promise and Pitfalls of At-Home STI Tests
- PLATELL'S PEOPLE: Why wasn't William in Parliament to support the Queen?
- Young people with cancer increasing, experts point out early testing is the optimal method
- 'What sort of people can put others into a container and let them die?': Family of 'youngest death truck victim', 19, beg for her body to be returned home after they clubbed together to pay smugglers £8,000 for her new life in Britain
- Hanoi to offer free water test after Styrene-contaminated case
- Doctors slam popular genetic tests for sparking confusion and fear in patients 'by telling them they could get diabetes, cancer and Alzheimer's'
- Edited Transcript of VCYT earnings conference call or presentation 22-Oct-19 9:00pm GMT
- There's A Legionnaires' Disease Outbreak Linked To A Hot Tub Display And Four People Have Died
- Edited Transcript of WAL earnings conference call or presentation 18-Oct-19 4:00pm GMT
- Disabled girl, 12, who was left in NHS hospital until rigor mortis set in died after catalogue of failings by medical staff
- At least 15 people in England contract HIV while waiting to get a place on a trial for a pill which prevents the AIDS-causing virus and is freely available in the rest of the UK
- Driver of deadly crash in South Vietnam tested positive to drugs
- Parents' horror after daughter, 12, lay dead in NHS hospital for so long that rigor mortis had set in
- Kodak P811BK Personal Photo & Negative Scanner
- Would you fly on the world's longest flight in economy? Qantas announce epic 19-hour service from Sydney to New York will have cabin class seats with 'a little more legroom'
- Syrian nurse speaks of ordeal in Turkish-blockaded hospital
- Direct-to-consumer genetic test results may be unreliable
More than 15,000 people linked to Hanoi hospital test negative for Covid-19 have 661 words, post on hanoitimes.vn at April 9, 2020. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.