HÀ NỘI — The Hanoi Buffaloes basketball team has been helping people in difficulty during the COVID-19 crisis by handing out hundreds of free gifts every day.
The Buffaloes started their charity activities on April 13 and have not yet set an end date.
Everyone in need can visit 124-126 Lê Duẩn Street, Hà Nội, to take a pack of items which could feed up to four people per day. Around 200 sets will be delivered daily.
“The coronavirus has strongly affect all people, especially poor ones. It is time for enterprises to show their responsibilities to the community,” said Nguyễn Thị Ngọc Anh, Deputy General Director of Hanoi Buffaloes Company.
“As a professional club based in the city and being citizens of Hà Nội we hope to share difficulties with our people so that we can overcome this challenge,” said Anh.
Anh also expects the club will inspire other enterprises and sponsors.
Hanoi Buffaloes is the first professional basketball club in the capital. Established in 2016, they have participated in the Vietnam Basketball Association league for four years with their home ground at Bách Khoa Gymnasium.
The Buffaloes have not won any titles yet, but they finished third at the Thailand Basketball Super League in 2017 and second in the VBA in 2018. — VNS
- Border, poor residents in Long An, Dak Lak get support
- Voluntary club helps poor patients
- Tet gifts, tickets presented to 1,600 female workers
- Hanoi honours outstanding youths in 2016
- Hanoi selects 10 outstanding youths of 2016
- Hanoi police bust surrogacy ring
- Beef jerky sold in Hanoi made from wheat flour
- Generous gift turns sour
- In pictures: Co Tu ethnic group recreates traditional wedding in Hanoi
- Buffalo-horn bugle auctioned at Miss World
- Government News 19/1
- How residents face harsh weather in northern Vietnam
Hanoi Buffaloes deliver gifts to poor residents amid COVID-19 have 308 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at April 17, 2020. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.