A Beat The Chasers contestant left the show’s quizzers completely gob-smacked as the first episode aired on ITV.
In the new spin-off show, just one contestant must go up against the five Chasers.
And nothing was stopping contestant Bernie as he made a huge £90,000 gamble in a first look at the show which aired on Monday.
He played against all five of the infamous Chasers – Mark Labett, Shaun Wallace, Anne Hegerty, Paul Sinha and Jenny Ryan.
When he declared he was going to take on all five of them in a bid to win the extreme cash jackpot, Anne Hegerty said: “He’s toast.”
Fans of the hit gameshow know how difficult it is to beat the Chaser – but it appears Bernie had his eyes set on the huge cash prize.
In a slight twist to The Chase’s spin-off, contestants will try and defeat all five master-quizzers in one go.
However a gutted Bernie went on to lose against the five defiant Chasers after running out of time in the game.
“Valiant effort, I just think you should have tried to take three of us on,” Paul Sinha exlaimed.
“Nonetheless, hope to see you again soon Bernie – you’ve been brilliant,” Bradley Walsh praised.
Jenny ‘The Vixen’ Ryan explained: “If they see those big figures, they’re gonna go for it.”
“Yeah, they’re only here once,” Sean Wallace added.
Wrapping up the first contestant’s defeat, Paul said: “With respect to every single player we have, you’ve got to be both good and lucky if you’re gonna win against five Chasers.
“If you don’t have the luck then it’s gonna be goodbye.”
*Beat The Chasers airs every night this week at 9pm on ITV.
Do you have a story to sell? Get in touch with us at [email protected] or call us direct 0207 29 33033
- Badminton: Kento Momota - from gambling scandal and suspension to world No. 1
- The Chase’s Paul Sinha reveals his regret over ’15 year gambling addiction’
- EastEnders' Jake Wood leaves fans flabbergasted with huge beard on Beat The Chasers
- Mark Labbett admits he's 'terrified' of The Chase opponents in rare admission 'No chance'
- The Good Place sidesteps the third-episode lull with another intriguing twist
- The Left’s Answer to Trump Is 6 Foot 8 and Wears Shorts in February
- Anne Hegerty confirms Paul Sinha's future on show in health update 'We had to step up'
- The Chase fans do double take as Judge Rinder doppelgänger Rob takes part
- Here's everything coming and going from Hulu in August
- The Dark Side of Chess: Payoffs, Points and 12-Year-Old Grandmasters
- Bradley Walsh pokes fun at Mark Labbett weight loss: ‘So he can fit through the tunnel!’
- The Chase fans bemused by Darragh Ennis' absence from show: 'Where is he?'
- Paul Sinha: The Chase star speaks out on decision to go public with Parkinson's diagnosis
- 'No need for that' The Chase's Bradley Walsh scolds Shaun Wallace for contestant jibe
- The Chase: Bradley Walsh furious as contestant's quizzing past exposed 'Kept that from me'
- The Chase: Jenny Ryan silenced as 'confident' player slaps down The Vixen's warning
- Line of Duty series six? Old Bill and Ted’s not so excellent adventure
- A Brief History of JWoww and Angelina's Epic Jersey Shore Feud Over the Years - E! Online
- Ruthless England trounce aggressive USA for second successive bonus-point win of Rugby World Cup
- What Thurgood Marshall Taught Me
Beat The Chasers opponent makes £90k gamble as quizzers left gob-smacked in first episode have 561 words, post on www.mirror.co.uk at April 28, 2020. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.