Vietnam still needs to take decisive actions to avoid the spread of the epidemic.
It is imperative to anticipate every situation, take practical steps and be ready to respond when new Covid-19 cases emerge although Vietnam has won the first battle agains the epidemic, the Government Portal quoted Deputy Prime Minister Vu Duc Dam as saying at a meeting on March 2.
According to Dam, whether the source of new coronavirus infections is identified or not, Vietnam still needs to quickly quarantine, drastically isolate and promptly treat them to stop the epidemic from spreading.
|Deputy Prime Minister Vu Duc Dam speaks at the meeting. Photo: Dinh Nam|
Specifically, a few days ago, the Vietnamese government suspended the unilateral visa exemption for South Korean citizens. From March 3, the visa-free policy will also be removed for Italian citizens.
Vietnamese returnees from the epidemic-hit regions, especially from South Korea, and South Korean citizens entering Vietnam will be thoroughly screened and isolated.
With regard to the test kits made by Vietnam, the deputy PM requested the Ministry of Health, the Ministry of Science and Technology to urgently complete procedures to produce the test kits en masse.
With 10,089 people in quarantine now in Vietnam, the test kits will help shorten their isolation and keep the community calm in face of the epidemic.
Covid-19 has been reported in nearly 80 countries and territories after the outbreak in Wuhan, China in December 2019.
WHO said on February 15 that Vietnam was responding well to the epidemic from the outset and prevented its spread.
The US Department of Health and Human Services has recently praised Vietnam’s medical capacity and close cooperation in coping with the Covid-19 epidemic, believing that Vietnam will effectively combat the disease.
- Vietnam has no new COVID-19 case on Sept. 20 morning
- Vietnam records three new COVID-19 cases
- CDC says Arizona has US's highest rate of new COVID-19 infections
- Thailand reports 194 new COVID-19 infections, 6,884 in total
- Lebanon records 5,414 new COVID-19 infections
- Florida becomes 3rd US state to report new Covid-19 variant case
- Vietnam records 3 new COVID-19 cases, 1,454 in total
- Vietnam records 9 new COVID-19 cases, 1,465 in total
- Vietnam records 3 new COVID-19 cases, 1,512 in total
- Thailand reports 212 new COVID-19 infections, total cases top 10,000
- 4 new COVID-19 variant cases reported in Sweden
- Nigeria records 1,354 new COVID-19 infections, highest ever
- New COVID-19 Lockdowns in Britain; New Variant Found in New York
- California activates 'mass fatality' program over rising Covid-19 infections, buys more body bags
- New COVID-19 strain in India: Total 38 people test positive so far
- Exodus unlikely as Vietnamese-Asian diaspora brace for new Covid-19 outbreaks
- Strong efforts help Vietnam stay firm amidst COVID-19
- Vietnam reports nine imported COVID-19 cases on December 31
- Indonesia, Philippines report surges in COVID-19 infections
- Coronavirus Live Updates: India Reports 6 Cases Of New COVID-19 Strain As UK Returnees Test Positive
Vietnam prepared to respond to new Covid-19 infection cases: DPM have 443 words, post on hanoitimes.vn at March 3, 2020. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.