More medical staff are needed to support screening and sample taking at Hanoi’s Noi Bai airport to prevent Covid-19.
As many as 280 retired doctors and nurses and some 700 medical students have volunteered to participate in the campaign against Covid-19 in Hanoi, Tuoi Tre Online reported.
Given the congestion at Noi Bai International Airport due to a drastic surge in arrivals of overseas Vietnamese, more medical staff are needed to support screening and sample taking at the airport, Deputy Director of the Hanoi Health Department Hoang Duc Hanh said.
Nguyen Nhat Cam, director of the Hanoi Center for Disease Control and Prevention, said that 100 students from Hanoi Medical University had volunteered to working on sampling at Noi Bai airport.
Besides, 600 students from Public Health University have signed up to participate in the prevention of Covid-19 pandemic in the city, according to Chairman of Bac Tu Liem district's People Committee Tran The Cuong.
Cuong said the city will train the retired doctors and nurses in the district who have shown willingness to join the fight against the pandemic so that they can help when needed.
- History Space: 75 years of teaching nurses at UVM
- 100 senior NHS doctors and nurses have written this open letter to Theresa May
- Senior NHS doctors and nurses tell Theresa May her funding boost is not enough
- Malawi: Retired Professor Asks Government to Train More Pathologists
- Is there a doctor aboard? Airlines often hope not
- Nurse indicted for murder, aggravated assault of patients at Tyler heart hospital
- Secret VA nursing home ratings hide poor quality care from the public
- Grimsby hospital 'wasting' £50,000 a month on doctors' visas
- Nurse, 70, retires after 53 years
- Norman Brady, 95, World War II pilot, volunteer administrator at hospital in Kenya
Retired doctors and nurses in Hanoi volunteer to prevent Covid-19 have 281 words, post on hanoitimes.vn at March 20, 2020. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.