Hanoi is tracking down the patient’s travel history to quarantine and supervise all people who made close contact with her.
Hanoi has just announced the first case infected with the new coronavirus, being the 17th infection in Vietnam, local media reported.
The news was released at a meeting on Friday evening chaired by Secretary of the municipal Party Committee Vuong Dinh Hue.
|Hanoi blocks streets leading to the patient’s house. Photo: Zing|
The patient, who is also the 17th case in Vietnam, is a hotel manager named N.H.N, 26, returning to the country on March 2.
Before returning to Vietnam, she flew from Italy to France to visit his older sister who is now already infected with Covid-19.
Upon arrival in Hanoi on March 2, she went straight home without declaring her travel history and went to a nearby hospital named Hong Ngoc for medical checkup on March 5 only after having cough and developing fever.
Hanoi has made a list of people who made close contact with her and immediately quarantined those of close contacts while others are put at home under supervision.
Since Friday evening, the city's rapid response teams have blocked the streets leading to her house that is located at No.125 Truc Bach street and disinfected a number of areas, including the hospital she went to.
Hanoi's authorities are tracking down the patient's travel history to identify people who made contact with her, including Vietnam Airlines VN0054 flight with 197 crew members and passengers onboard.
The Ministry of Health will soon make public the list of people who flew on flight VN0054 and made close contact with the patient to prevent more infections.
Prior to the latest case, 22 consecutive days passed by without Vietnam reporting new infected cases. Before that, all 16 infected cases had recovered and been discharged from hospital.
- Vietnam May Get Domestic Partnerships, Still Repressive Elsewise
- All-you-can-download subscription model for apps debuts in Vietnam
- Facebook in Vietnam: Social-networking blues
- For startups in Vietnam, independence has its challenges
- Chinese hackers take down Vietnam airport systems
- Copy of Rare 17th Century Bible Encouraging Adultery Could Be Yours For $25,000 or So
- Ford Finally Confirms It's Moving All Small Car Production To Mexico
- Unlocking iPhone 3Gs--the Vietnamese way
- These are the House members who voted to extend NSA spying and reject privacy reforms
- The Complicated Death Of The Marine Behind The U.S. Navy's Newest Destroyer
- Top 10 in 2011: An 'explosive' year in security
- Microsoft to discontinue Nokia Asha and S40 feature phones
- Asia rocks Web, social scene in 2012
- From Utah Beach to Kabul: How Army gear changed since D-Day
- How I Made This Saab 9-5 SportCombi Prototype Road Legal
- Weekend College Top 10: A.J. Hines breaks TD record in Duquesne’s win
- Hands-On: Upgrading my Acer Aspire Z3 with an SSD
- Amiibo Has A False Prophet, And His Name Is Esteban
- How To Win In A Dogfight: Stories From A Pilot Who Flew F-16s And MiGs
- Desert Storm's Opening Shots Came From This Daring Helicopter Raid 25 Years Ago Today
Hanoi confirms 1st coronavirus case, 17th in Vietnam have 489 words, post on hanoitimes.vn at March 7, 2020. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.