The northern mountainous province of Yen Bai suffered losses of nearly VND3 billion (US$130,400) after hail and thunderstorms on Monday evening, according to initial reports.
|An electricity pole falls on a car in Yen Bai City. — Photo Yen Bai Province’s Television|
Four people were reported to have been injured in Yen Bai City. One victim suffered serious head injuries and is in a critical condition, according to Vietnam News Agency.
A number of trees and electricity poles in Yen Bai City fell, causing flooding in some areas and blackouts across the city.
The hail and thunderstorms started at about 7pm and lasted for 30 minutes, Tuổi Trẻ (Youth) newspaper reported.
The hail stones were not large but fell across the province in large quantities.
About 2,000 houses suffered damage and three collapsed. Others had roofs blown away.
Twenty-three electricity poles fell in Yen Bai City.
Seven cars were damaged by falling trees.
|Houses in Yen Bai are damaged by the hail and thunderstorms. — VNA/VNS Photo|
Hail and thunderstorms damaged 416 local houses. Two of them collapsed while another two had roofs blown away.
More than 360ha of newly-cultivated rice fields and more than 80ha of vegetables and fruits were destroyed.
According to weather forecasts, a cold spell is moving towards to the north, bringing heavy showers, thunderstorms and strong wind to the region.
Rain is forecast to engulf north-central and central regions in coming days.
Temperatures in the north are predicted to drop to between 15 and 18 degrees Celsius.
Mountainous region might be under 13 degrees Celsius. However, the cold spell will not last long. — VNS
L.V.M, 32, of HCM City’s District 12, was electrocuted while working on a roof. On June 5 he came in contact with a high-voltage cable and fell from a height of five metres, and was rushed to the Military Hospital 175.
- At Least Four Injured After Explosion in Residential Building in Riga, Doctors Say
- Boris Johnson to Hail Zero-Tariff, Zero-Quota Brexit Bill Allowing UK to be 'European and Sovereign'
- Explosion tears through Portsmouth house leaving one person injured and forcing others to flee their homes
- Financial aid for disaster-caused housing damage in central Vietnam
- Bigg Boss 14: Kamya Punjabi Hails Rakhi Sawant While Devoleena Celebrates As Salman Khan Schools Jasmin Bhasin
- Donald Trump tweeted video calling for peace after White House counsel Pat Cipollone warned him he faces criminal charges for inciting riot - and now lawyer is considering quitting too
- US House Passes Measure to Increase Second Round of Stimulus Checks to $2,000
- Ex-House Speaker Paul Ryan denounces Republican efforts to challenge electoral votes
- Are soaring markets and house prices an 'epic bubble' about to pop?
- Scale of hardship for orchardists still emerging after Boxing Day hail
- 'The moment is finally upon us… now is the time to seize it': Boris Johnson hails 'new beginning in our country's history' as Queen grants royal assent to his Brexit trade deal meaning divorce happens at 11pm tonight
- Croatia earthquake: Child killed and multiple injured as people pulled from wreckage
- Damages from US weather and climate disasters reached a new record in 2020
- Photos And Videos Show The Damage Left Behind After The Riot At The Capitol Building
- Police officers who ran into danger to save residents after bomb warning hailed as heroes
- Bar Owner Hailed by Fox News Allegedly Drives Into NY Deputy Trying to Arrest Him Over COVID Violations
- Gas tank explosion in Kosovo injures 44, damages shops
- Durable 2000-Watt Room Heaters Ideal For Medium and Large Rooms
- In Bihar, man lynched over cattle theft suspicion, 2 others badly injured
- Devastating 6.3-Magnitude Quake Hits Croatia, Killing 5 and Injuring At Least 20 - Photos
Hail damages 2,000 houses in Yen Bai, four injured have 607 words, post on vietnamnet.vn at March 3, 2020. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.