The Federal Inland Revenue Service (FIRS) has unveiled a new Electronic and Automated platform for taxpayers to file transfer pricing declaration and disclosures with a view to block leakage in tax collection in the country.
The FIRS made this known in a statement issued by Mr Abdullahi Ahmad, Director, Communications and Liaison Department in the service in Abuja on Wednesday.
Ismaila said while unveiling the electronic solution platform in Lagos before bank executives and other stakeholders in the tax sector, Executive Chairman, FIRS, Mr Muhammad Nami said this was necessary because of the stamp duty being collected by banks across the country.
Nami explained that the step was due to the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic which had crippled the global economic system with dire consequences for fiscal planning by all countries of the world.
He stated that the Service was deploying the automated platforms to ensure 100 per cent compliance and tasked the banks to get fully prepared for the adoption of the new compliance programme.
“The need for total compliance and aggressive revenue drive is imperative now in view of the recent crash of oil price from 50 dollars to 29 dollars which will definitely affect our collection from the Petroleum Profit Tax.
READ ALSO: Nigeria lost N1.3trn in 5 years — FIRS
“Similarly, the outbreak of the COVID-19 has occasioned a global economic meltdown with serious consequences to our economy.
”You will recall that recently about 50 Nigerian oil bearing trucks could not discharge crude oil to buyers because of this COVID-19 pandemic.
“This has the combined effect of reducing government revenue target and, subsequently, the provision of infrastructures and social amenities.
“We earnestly need to shore up against the looming economic meltdown. It is on this note that I solicit your cooperation and understanding in the drive to use automation to rev up our revenue so that the government of President Muhammadu Buhari will be able to deliver on its mandate” he explained. (NAN)
- Ranpak Unveils Launch of FillPak Trident™
- Zainab unveils scorecard as foreign reserves hit $44.69bn
- WATCH: Queen’s Speech Unveils Pledges on Brexit, Crime, ‘Zero Carbon’ UK
- The Flare Path: And The Warbird Wager
- The Flare Path: Happy Trafalgar Day
- Stocks in the news: SBI, Lupin, IndiGo, Lemon Tree, Bank of Baroda and JSPL
- Tech’s still a strange word for manufacturers here
- Entire text of finance minister's Budget Speech
- Death of the American Trucker
- Labour manifesto policies 2019: Jeremy Corbyn's general election pledges in full
- Time machine is back in Kolkata Science City after 5.6 crore revamp
- Beyond the PC: Lenovo's ambitious plan for the future of computing
- Invisible unicorns: 35 big companies that started with little or no money
- Singapore digital banking era will put focus on SMBs, consumer trust
- Bjarke Ingels on the New York Dryline: 'We think of it as the love-child of Robert Moses and Jane Jacobs'
- Map shows the scale of Oakland's growing homeless crisis as Supreme Court refuses to hear major case on the issue and lets stand a ruling that protects people's rights to sleep on the street in California
- The 84 biggest flops, fails, and dead dreams of the decade in tech
- Unknown Pleasures: The Machine Starts
- Rep. Max Rose: The president needs to have thicker skin
- Tragedy in an Animation Utopia: Horror, Heartbreak and Mystery After an Arson Massacre
COVID-19: FIRS unveils automated system to block funding gaps have 529 words, post on www.vanguardngr.com at March 18, 2020. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.