ADB’s president commended the Vietnamese government on its timely and effective actions to combat the pandemic.
The Asian Development Bank (ADB) is ready to provide Vietnam with timely and flexible support for the government's response to the Covid-19 pandemic, according to ADB President Masatsugu Asakawa.
“The ADB stands ready to provide financial assistance and policy advice to help the Vietnamese government contain the spread of Covid-19," said Asakawa.
"We will consider all options, including quick-disbursing budget support, policy-based lending, and expedited disbursement of existing loans, to ensure any support package can be approved quickly and disbursed in a timely manner."
Asakawa discussed options for ADB support in detail with Vietnam's Minister of Finance Dinh Tien Dung on March 20 and Governor of the State Bank of Vietnam Le Minh Hung today.
Asakawa commended the Vietnamese government on its timely and effective actions to combat the pandemic. He welcomed the government's focus on maintaining economic stability and growth in the medium and long-term, including through expanding public investment expenditure and strengthening social safety nets for poor and vulnerable households.
On March 18, ADB announced a US$6.5-billion initial package to address the immediate needs of its developing member countries as they respond to the Covid-19 pandemic.
Asakawa said ADB will provide additional support as needed.
- Warmbiers To Trump: 'Kim And His Evil Regime Are Responsible For The Death Of Our Son'
- Android N Feature Spotlight: Freeform Window Mode Offers True Windowed Multitasking, But It's Disabled By Default
- Can Southeast Asia’s largest mixed-use development revitalise Vietnam?
- North Korea's Kim Jong Un reportedly called Trump official 'famous' and offered to take a picture with him
- Ubuntu 19.04 ‘Disco Dingo’ Released with New Features
- Ubuntu 19.04 Release Date & Planned Features (Updated)
- AMD's New Adrenalin Drivers Add Gears 5 Beta Support
- Trump expected to offer ‘Dreamer’ protections in exchange for border money
- Ubuntu 19.04: What’s New? [Video]
- US Singles Out Iran, Readies Response To Saudi Oil Attacks
- Source: MSU to reveal choice for its next president on Tuesday
- Anti-Sisi Protests Hit Egypt, As Supporters Stage Own Rallies
- GOP offers modest rebuke to Trump after Putin press conference
- US Tariffs To Stay On Turkey, Qatar Offers Ankara Aid
- Netanyahu, Gantz Spur Supporters On Eve Of Tense Israeli Polls
- Let’s Not Pretend “Stop It” Is the Response of Someone Who Cares About Hate Crimes
- An entrepreneur’s guide to Vietnam’s startup scene
- The Latest: Georgia’s Abrams contrasts Dems in SOTU response
- Testing presidents from Bush to Trump, 9/11 shaped politics
- One of Indiana’s new congressmen is a Vietnam veteran, a farmer … and a scientist
ADB president offers support for Vietnam’s Covid-19 response have 423 words, post on hanoitimes.vn at March 24, 2020. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.