A man select dragonfruits at a supermarket in HCM City. A balanced diet with a lot of fruits and vegetables are vital to boost the immune system. — VNA/VNS Photo HÀ NỘI — Along with face masks, demand for vitamin C supplements has soared due to fears of the coronavirus, but doctors have warned overdoing it may cause severe health problems. Afraid of the respiratory illness caused by the novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV), Nguyễn Bảo Trâm in Hà Nội’s Cầu Giấy District has stocked up on face masks, antiseptic solution and soap for the whole family. To protect her loved ones from the inside, she has also bought vitamin C tablets and other supplements that are said to effectively boost their immune systems. “I’m afraid that my two children might be affected by the virus so, during the school closure, I have asked them to use vitamin C supplements,” Trâm told Kinh tế & Đô Thị (Economic and Urban Affairs) newspaper. Trương Hồng Sơn, head of the Việt Nam Institute of Applied Medical, said that indeed vitamin C, as well as other assorted vitamins and minerals, are vital for the human health. “It helps to improve the immune system; therefore, people are recommended to take the right amount of vitamin… Read full this story
- COVID19: Virus outbreak pits treating patients against finding a cure
- Getting Britain in shape is a matter of life and death: As it emerges a quarter of Covid victims who die have diabetes, two experts urge people to shape up for their own sake
- These Are The Fake Experts Pushing Pseudoscience And Conspiracy Theories About The Coronavirus Pandemic
- Supplements for coronavirus probably won’t help, and may harm
- FUTURE SHOCK: 25 Health & Wellness trends post COVID-19
- Cristina Cuomo Defends Use Of Bleach In Bathwater, Says She Is Feeling ‘So Much Better’
Vitamin C not a cure-all to prevent coronavirus: experts have 323 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at February 12, 2020. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.