Two Vietnamese women have overcome naysayers and proven their capability in the physically demanding sport of mountain trekking, finding themselves captivated by trips through the wilderness. Choosing a hobby deemed overwhelming by many, the young women have climbed pinnacles in and out of the country, overcoming their own obstacles and pushing themselves to the limits. At the age of 27, Truong Ngoc Phuong Nam from Kien Giang Province in the Mekong Delta boasts about her “greatest asset” – conquering six mountaintops in Vietnam and one in Indonesia. A travel-crazed person from her childhood, she got herself involved in trekking after listening to friends chitchatting about the thrilling sport. Two years ago marked her first experience with the concept. “In 2018, I came to Bali [in Indonesia] by myself. It was a week-long trip, and I spent one whole day scaling the most magnificent volcano there, the Batur,” she talked about her maiden climb. “We set off at 1:00 am from Kuta to make sure we’d be on time for the trek that started at 3:00 am. I basically had zero experience, but I was still a confident member of the team. It was a two-hour trek, and we made it… Read full this story
- The 20 Best Movies of 2017: Wonder Women, Racial Disharmony, and Daniel Day-Lewis’ Final Bow
- The Complicated, Controversial, Historic, Inspiring Women’s March
- Wonder Woman Named Honorary Ambassador by the U.N.
- Votes for Women review – political awakening captures suffragists' spirit
- Laurence Fox refuses to date women under 35 because they're 'too WOKE' and 'primed to think they are victims' - and reveals he split with ex for praising Gillette's 'toxic masculinity' TV advert
- Time, gentlemen: when will the last all-male clubs admit women?
- US food agency inspection an opportunity for Vietnamese catfish
- In Vietnam, young women favor health over sheer beauty
- Women need more than flowers to thrive
Vietnamese ‘wonder women’ conquer mountaintops for leisure have 312 words, post on tuoitrenews.vn at February 27, 2020. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.