Vietnam’s Ministry of Education and Training (MoET) has decided to extend the time frame for the 2019-2020 school year due to the impact of the COVID-19 epidemic, Zing.vn reported on February 22, quoting Nguyen Xuan Thanh, deputy director of the Department of Secondary Education under the MoET.
Specifically, the school year will end by June 30, around one month later than the normal schedule. Evaluation for primary and secondary school graduation will take place by July 15 at the latest, enrollment for 10th grade will be due on August 15 and national senior high school exam will be held from July 23 to July 26.
Besides, the MOET lets the heads of the people’s committees of cities and provinces decide whether to resume classes from March 2.
In case they decide to let the students return to school later in March, the authorities must rely on the above-mentioned schedule to create a compensatory study plan and ensure the program, finish the school year and organize the national senior high school exam.
Thus, the national high school exam in 2020 will take place nearly one month later than usual to offset the time of school break that was aimed to prevent the COVID-19 epidemic.
- Vietnam yet to decide to reopen schools on Covid-19 epidemic
- Vietnam responds well to Covid-19 epidemic: WHO
- Hanoi Party chief urges no discrimination against foreigners amid Covid-19 epidemic
- Hanoi police crack down on Covid-19 epidemic fake news
- On Eve of Lunar New Year, COVID-19 Pushes Chinatown Businesses to the Brink
- Vietnam government steps up e-payment to prevent Covid-19
- 74% enterprises may go bankrupt if Covid-19 epidemic lasts 6 months
- Hanoi not to discriminate foreigners as Covid-19 epidemic spreads: Mayor
- Vietnam recruits volunteers for human trials of second Covid-19 vaccine
- Relief period extended for some contracts, enhancements applied under COVID-19 Act
Vietnam extends time frame for 2019-2020 academic year due to COVID-19 epidemic have 290 words, post on english.vov.vn at February 24, 2020. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.