The denial is in line with regulations on prevention of Covid-19 which has caused 15 infections in the country.
Vietnamese authorities have denied the entry of nearly 300 passengers whose time window between leaving China and entering Vietnam has been less than 14 days (the incubation period of the virus).
|Vietnam denies entry of passengers in some cases. Photo: Zing|
So far, Tan Son Nhat International Airport in Ho Chi Minh City and Noi Bai International Airport in Hanoi have refused to allow 289 passengers to enter the country following regulations on preventing Covid-19, the new name of the latest strain of coronavirus.
Tan Son Nhat airport denied 286 passengers while Noi Bai refused three. Of the passengers, 218 came from Hong Kong on a flight by Cathay Pacific, the flag carrier of Hong Kong, 44 from Malaysia, 10 from Thailand, and four from Singapore.
Under international law, the passengers were sent back to the departing locations on the same day.
To tighten control over the entry of passengers who traveled across China, Vietnamese authorities have asked international airlines to check travel history of passengers before coming to Vietnam to avoid unexpected denial.
Since early this month, Vietnam has suspended all flights from and to China, except those to repatriate Vietnamese citizens and those for diplomatic relations and relief.
As of February 12, Vietnam confirmed 15 people infected with Covid-19, of them six have recovered and been discharged from hospital. Of the infected cases, two are Chinese nationals and six returned to the country from the Chinese city of Wuhan, the epicenter of the virus outbreak.
The country also quarantines 97 others.
The global infections hit 45,171 as of Wednesday while the death toll climbed to 1,115, including two outside China.
- Vietnam, Laos rejoice over growing ties despite COVID-19
- Trump claims US nearly at 15 percent COVID-19 immunity: 'That's a very powerful vaccine in itself'
- Vietnam welcomes UNITAD’s investigation achievements despite COVID-19
- Asian Countries Handle New COVID-19 Cases without Lockdowns
- NIH Director: ‘It Is Astounding What’s Been Done’ Regarding COVID-19 Vaccine
- Chinese-made COVID-19 Vaccine Nearly 90% Effective, UAE Says
- US Allows Emergency COVID-19 Vaccine in Bid to End Pandemic
- Britain Makes Final Preparations for First Round of COVID-19 Vaccinations
- Businesses reimpose Covid-19 safety measures after HCMC confirms local spread
- Vietnam registers 4 imported COVID-19 cases
- Health Ministry holds urgent meeting after domestic COVID-19 case found
- Vietnam’s border patrol keeps guard up against inbound COVID-19 risk
- How much does first Made-in Vietnam COVID-19 vaccine cost?
- FDA panel votes in favor of Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine
- Vietnam announces first domestic COVID-19 case after nearly 3 months
- More flights to evacuate tourists from Da Nang amid Covid-19 fears
- Foreigners to pay $63 minimum for Covid-19 tests
- Int’l flights to be suspended for violations of COVID-19 prevention
- Weekly COVID-19 update: 36 new cases confirmed, 38 recoveries
- Localities screen Da Nang arrivals as Covid-19 infections resume
Vietnam denies entry of nearly 300 passengers on concern over Covid-19 have 448 words, post on hanoitimes.vn at February 12, 2020. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.