Many residential areas in Hà Nội do not have schools. Photo baodatviet.vn HÀ NỘI – A lack of schools in big cities has been a serious issue for years. The Ministry of Construction recently admitted the situation was due to insufficient urban development planning. The construction of apartment building complexes without schools or parks was the responsibility of urban development management agencies, the ministry said. In Hà Nội, the situation is not uncommon. Many urban residential areas had been inhabited for 10-15 years, but schools remained in the planning stages. When investors applied for licences to build apartment complexes, many submitted plans that included schools, but then ignored their responsibilities. “In Hà Nội and HCM City, there is not enough land for schools,” Prof. Đặng Hùng Võ, former Minister of Natural Resources and Environment, said at a seminar organised by Giáo Dục Việt Nam (Việt Nam’s Education) e-newspaper. “As regulated, a residential construction project must set aside a certain area for schools and parks. But in fact, investors sometimes cut or even leave out these areas,” Võ said. “Land prices in inner cities are expensive while schools and parks make less money for investors,” he said. The cases include Phùng Khoang Urban Area in Hà Đông District, Mễ… Read full this story
- Plane crash at residential area kills 12 in Pakistan's Rawalpindi district
- Old School RuneScape Mobile Impressions – MMO to Go
- Gove defends faith schools
- Five Sơn La education officials involved in high school exam cheating
- Nobel peace prize nomination for schools breaking Northern Ireland’s barriers
- Northern Ireland teaches us the dangers of segregated schools
- Old School Runescape pulled offline after destroying its own economy
- CES 2019: Dell's stuck a Core i9 desktop CPU in their new Alienware Area-51m laptop
- How strongly would you recommend going to school...
- Raiding Area 51
Lack of schools in residential areas an unresolved problem have 316 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at February 17, 2020. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.