The Cesar Academy came under fire after Roman Polanski’s new film topped the list of nominations for this year’s awards. — AFP/VNA Photo PARIS — The entire board of the Cesar Academy, which awards France’s equivalent of the Oscars, resigned on Thursday just two weeks ahead of its gala ceremony after more than 200 actors, producers, directors and movie personalities demanded “profound reform”. The academy had come under fire after Roman Polanski’s new film An Officer and a Spy topped the list of nominations for this year’s Cesar awards, which will be handed out on February 28. Polanski has been wanted in the US for the statutory rape of a 13-year-old girl since 1978 and is persona non grata in Hollywood. “To honour those men and women who made cinema happen in 2019, to find calm and ensure that the festival of film remains just that, a festival, the board… has unanimously decided to resign,” the academy said in a statement. “This collective decision will allow complete renewal of the board,” it added. A general meeting will be held after the upcoming awards ceremony to elect a new board and management who will work on implementing reforms and modernisation,… Read full this story
- It's the Cesar awards: What you need to know about this year's 'French Oscars'
- Stars wear #MeToo white ribbons at 'French Oscars'
- USA Gymnastics board resigning amid sexual abuse scandal
- USA Gymnastics quiet on board resignation call after abuse scandal
- Ukip staffers mocked after they toasted a party summit with French champagne – following the resignation of the party’s only MP
- Mum slammed for pulling daughter, 15, out of Oxford Academy over nose piercing row
- Tory councillor axed from board amid sectarian row
- 9/11 attacks made up, says French Oscar-winner
- The Oscars: The long and short of the famous Academy Awards
- Pakistani film 'Saawan' out of Oscars 2018 race
French Oscars academy board resigns after Polanksi row have 313 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at February 14, 2020. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.