International Football to provide safety-net for unpaid players Wednesday, Feb 12, 2020,16:51 (GMT+7) Football to provide safety-net for unpaid players Philippe Piat, President of FIFPro, the world soccer players’ union, addresses a news conference in Brussels, Belgium, September 18, 2015 – PHOTO: REUTERS ZURICH (REUTERS) – A fund has been set up to help footballers who are left without wages when their clubs fall into financial difficulties or go out of business, global soccer body FIFA said on Tuesday. The world players’ union FIFPRO estimates that around 50 clubs in 20 countries — mainly in Eastern Europe and Asia — have shut in the last five years, leaving hundreds of players without pay. In many cases, FIFPRO says, the clubs have been quickly re-established with only a slight tweak to the name. FIFA said in a statement on Tuesday that it had reached an agreement with FIFPRO to set aside US$16 million for the fund up to 2022. “While these grants will not cover the full amount of salaries owed to players, this fund will provide an important safety net,” it said. FIFPRO president Philippe Piat said players were “plunged into uncertainty and hardship” when their clubs closed down. “Many of these clubs have… Read full this story
- Time passes fast in football, so will Manchester City players want to stay?
- What is Harry Redknapp’s net worth, how old is the former I’m A Celebrity winner and what is Harry’s Sandbanks Summer?
- ‘Players wonder whether it’s all worth it’: life in rugby union’s Championship
- The forgotten story of … Steve Zungul, indoor soccer's greatest ever player
- Football League: Leeds edge Reading, Hogan earns point in six-goal thriller
- A year after 10 Flamengo players died in a fire, their families still seek justice
- Dangers of concussion are ignored, says players’ union after World Cup
- LaLiga clubs uncover secrets to optimising player performance
- England 1-2 Iceland: Euro 2016 player ratings for last-16 knockout game
- Jeff Astle Foundation investigates groundbreaking new CTE research that could reveal brain injury in current players
Football to provide safety-net for unpaid players have 334 words, post on english.thesaigontimes.vn at February 12, 2020. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.