The 10-nation bloc vows to take coordinated action to fight the new coronavirus.
ASEAN nations have expressed their solidarity and heartfelt support for the government and people of China, and for all countries around the world, in their fight against the outbreak of the new coronavirus disease (Covid-19), Vietnam, which is holding chairmanship of ASEAN, has said in a statement on the bloc's collective response to the outbreak of disease.
|The opening ceremony of the 35th ASEAN Summit on November 3, 2019 in Bangkok, Thailand.|
"We emphasize the importance of ASEAN solidarity and the spirit of a Cohesive and Responsive ASEAN Community in facing the outbreak of the Covid-19 and similar challenges," reads the statement released by the Vietnamese Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MOFA).
As the chair of the ASEAN Coordinating Council (ACC), Vietnam's Deputy Prime Minister and Foreign Minister Pham Binh Minh suggested that ASEAN and Chinese foreign ministers meet in Laos on the occasion of the fifth Mekong – Lancang Cooperation (MLC) Foreign Ministers’ Meeting to discuss further cooperation in coping with the Covid-19 epidemic.
- ASEAN's Hopes for Thailand
- Global Offshore Support Vessel Market Specifications, Manufacturers and Future Forecast up to 2025
- China Trains for 'Winning Battles' in Taiwan, U.S. Views It As 'Threat'
- US-China Trade Talks Reach Critical Phase
- China, US open trade talks as Beijing says exports rebound
- Trump Offers Democrats Olive Branch or War
- Trump, world leaders offer condolences after New Zealand mosque attack
- The Latest: Boeing model grounded in China after crash
- Iran Follows Russia to Venezuela, but U.S. Military Sees China As 'True Threat'
- China can use reserve requirements, interest rates to support economy: premier
- China's premier says can use rates, other policy steps to support economy
- China premier says can use interest rates, other policy steps to help economy
ASEAN offers solidarity and heartfelt support for China in battling coronavirus have 291 words, post on hanoitimes.vn at February 16, 2020. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.