Earlier, trawler QNa 90129TS with Luong Van Vien from Quang Nam province at the helm and 51 fishermen on board experienced main engine failure and went adrift while fishing in the Hoang Sa (Paracel) waters.
|Ship SAR 412 guiding trawler QNa 90129TS|
Upon receiving the mayday, the Vietnam Maritime Search and Rescue Coordination Center sent Ship SAR 412 for the rescue mission. At 6:20p.m on May 2, the rescue ship approached the scene. The rescue team took the distressed fishermen ashore, provided first aid for them, and guided the distressed trawler to Da Nang City safely.
On the same day, Ship SAR 274 under the center brought a sick fisherman to Da Nang Hospital for further treatment.
Earlier, fisherman Hoang Sinh, 48, on board trawler QB 98174 TS was injured and lost consciousness. The captain of the trawler called the center for help. At 11:40a.m on May 3, the rescue team on board Ship 274 approached the trawler and brought the fisherman ashore.
Translated by Chung Anh
- Emergency ships race to rescue stranded tanker near Alaska's Aleutian Islands
- RCMP say it’s unlikely missing fishermen in Northwest Territories are still alive
- NATO ship foils pirates, frees hostages in Gulf of Aden
- New York's Bravest fails to rescue distressed feline, but tree experts come to rescue
- 154 flee for lives as ship sinks in Antartic waters
- How Not to Fall Off a Cruise Ship
- Pirates attack U.S.-flagged cargo ship Liberty Sun off coast of Somalia, but are thwarted
- Defiant Somali pirates hijack 4 more ships in aftermath of Navy Seals raid, take 60 hostages
- 150 ice fisherman rescued after being trapped on break-away slab in Lake Erie; 1 dead
- Coast Guard suspends New Jersey search for 2 Virginia fishermen