China has set comprehensive policies on importing farm produce, but Vietnam’s exports to the market remain below expectation.
With a population of 1.4 billion, China is a vast market for farm produce.
Meanwhile, Vietnam’s exports to the market were worth $8.64 billion only. And in the first three quarters of 2019, Vietnam exported $6 billion only worth of these products, a decrease of 6.7 percent compared with the same period last year.
|China has set comprehensive policies on importing farm produce, but Vietnam’s exports to the market remain below expectation.|
Cong said the foundation for implementing trade activities between Vietnam and China is based on the agreements signed by the two countries.
He cited a series of agreements, including the cooperation agreement in the field of food safety and animal and plant quarantine, signed in September 2016; protocol on rice quarantine exported, and re-signed in June 2016; cooperation agreement on food safety control, and imported seafood products between the two countries, re-signed in September 2012; and the agreement on plant quarantine and food safety of rice bran as animal feed exported from Vietnam to China signed in June 2016.
Hundreds of trucks carrying fruits are now stuck at the Vietnam-China border gate of Tan Thanh in Lang Son Province.
Participation in new generation FTAs opens new cooperation opportunities for businesses in Viet Nam’s agricultural sector, but challenges remain.
- Hamilton ‘struggling’ with car in China
- BMW to team up with Great Wall Motor for electric cars production in China
- White House China Trade Trucers Push President Trump to Back Off on Tariffs in Exchange for Nothing But More Talks
- China New Energy Full Year 2018: BYD and BAIC EC-Series best-sellers, market eclipses 1 million annual sales for the first time
- 2020 Wuling Hong Guang Plus Is GM’s New, China-Only Minivan
- Honda's All-Electric Everus VE-1 Launches In China
- Vietnamese telcos target 5G chipsets and devices
- Strong SUV Demand Spurs Ford to Export Edge Crossover to China
- Royal Farms quietly grows from dairy business
- Festival day of Vietnamese longan opens in Australia