Vietnamese fashion designers Do Trinh Hoai Nam and Nguyen Cong Tri have impressed foreign audience with their Asian-style collections at two New York fashion events. Do Trinh Hoai Nam is pictured with models presenting his collections at New York Couture Fashion Week 2019 The collection of ao dai (Vietnamese traditional long dress) by Do Trinh Hoai Nam kicked off New York Couture Fashion Week, presented by 21 international models. The highlight of the collection, entitled S-Vietnam, is the patterns imitating Vietnam’s cultural heritages that have been recognised by the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organisation (UNESCO) like Thang Long Imperial Citadel, the Temple of Literature or Ha Long Bay. Models wore traditional Vietnamese dresses with small gold-inlaid conical hats. Nam said his aim was to preserve the original appearance of ao dai and decorate it with cuts, splits and beads. “The tall and healthy figure of the westerners is more difficult to demonstrate the original charm of the Vietnamese traditional long dress. My collaborators and I have chosen over 20 outstanding faces among hundreds of candidates, who are experienced in performing on big stages,” Nam said in an interview with ngoisao.net. “Andes Aquino, the head of the organisation board,… Read full this story
- Vine steals some of Instagram’s spotlight at New York Fashion Week
- Intel is in style during New York Fashion Week, helps shoot the runway in VR
- Samsung’s Gear S hits the catwalk at New York Fashion Week for Diesel Black and Gold
- Protection from day one: VRS Design launches 5 new cases for the LG G6!
- Gigi Hadid channels '70s glamour in eccentric patterned flares and brown leather jacket as she steps out during Paris Fashion Week
- From bioluminescent dresses to emoji pins, Intel struts its stuff at Fashion Week
- [Infographic] The history of Fashion Week and the evolution of its tech
- Google Project Glass makes runway appearance at Fashion Week show
- Police seek ID for 'New York Billy,' who was found floating with cement blocks in Crater Lake
- 'Sex and the City' star Cynthia Nixon just made legal marijuana a key part of her campaign for governor in New York
Vietnamese designers launch their collections at New York Fashion Week have 362 words, post on vietnamnet.vn at December 9, 2019. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.