“Based on common interests, Germany and Vietnam will deepen their cooperation as part of their strategic modernization partnership,” State Secretary Andreas Michaelis and Vietnam’s Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs To Anh Dung agreed on this year’s German-Vietnamese consultations.
The consultations held in Hanoi on Wednesday endorsed the Strategic Action Plan for 2020-21 calling on Germany and Vietnam to uphold rule-based order and respect for international law, in particular the protection of human rights and principles regarding sovereignty and the rule of law, the German Embassy said in a press release on Friday.
The new Strategic Action Plan is the basis and guideline for German-Vietnamese cooperation for the next two years.
The year 2020, when Germany and Vietnam celebrate 45 years of bilateral relations, offers many opportunities for even closer bilateral and multilateral cooperation.
State Secretary Michaelis and Deputy Minister Dung have therefore agreed to further consolidate bilateral relations in the coming months, especially in the area of security policy.
Together with Vietnam as the chair of the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN), Germany is aiming to make EU-ASEAN relations more strategic during its EU presidency in the second half of 2020.
The United Nations Security Council includes both countries as non-permanent members in 2020.
Therefore, Germany and Vietnam want to closely coordinate on a large number of global challenges such as climate and security.
- Government gearing up to launch national action plan for senior citizens
- Vietnam, Canada hold huge potential to cooperate in supporting industry
- Williams Lake action plan on crime proposes tracking repeat offenders
- Create action plan to generate job leads
- Old adage 'sell in May and go away' doesn't always hold true for yearly money plans
- JCPS holds off on raises; union plans to sue
- Harlem and East River bridge tolls hold up MTA's crisis plan in Albany
- Vietnam to host ASEM customs directors-general meeting
- Top leaders congratulate Germany on Unity Day
- Vietnam to set up national innovation center