Vietnam’s representative at the Miss Universe 2019, Hoang Thuy, finished in the Top 20 at the beauty pageant organized in Georgia, the United States on Monday morning (Vietnam time).
Hoang Thuy, the first runner-up at the Miss Universe Vietnam 2017 pageant, joined 89 other contestants at the Miss Universe 2019 finale at Tyler Perry Studios in Atlanta.
After Steve Harvey opened the 68th edition of the international beauty pageant in his fifth consecutive year hosting the show, Hoang Thuy and other semifinalists strutted in swimsuits and evening gowns to demonstrate their poise and personal style.
Thuy, in particular, had left a stunning impression on the Miss Universe 2019 audience by donning a dress inspired by ‘ca phe sua da,’ or Vietnamese iced coffee mixed with sweetened condensed milk, during the national costume segment that had taken place before the finale.
|Steve Harvey and Miss Vietnam Hoang Thuy speak onstage at the 2019 Miss Universe Pageant at Tyler Perry Studios on December 08, 2019 in Atlanta, Georgia. Photo: AFP|
|(L-R) Miss Croatia Mia Rkman, Miss France Maeva Coucke, Miss Thailand Paweensuda Drouin, Miss Vietnam Hoang Thuy, Miss South Africa Zozibini Tunzi, Miss Brazil Julia Horta, Miss Venezuela Thalia Olvino, Miss USA Cheslie Kryst, Miss Dominican Republic Clauvid Daly and Miss Puerto Rico Madison Anderson appear onstage at the 2019 Miss Universe Pageant at Tyler Perry Studios on December 08, 2019 in Atlanta, Georgia. Photo: AFP|
However, the Vietnamese representative with much experience in modeling did not make it through to the Top 10 at the competition.
Thuy, 27, won the 2011 cycle of Vietnam’s Next Top Model, a reality TV series in which aspiring models compete for a chance to begin their career in the modeling industry.
She was also one of the judges for the 2017 cycle of The Face Vietnam, a modeling-themed reality television series originating in the U.S.
That same year, Thuy finished second in the third edition of the Miss Universe Vietnam pageant behind H’Hen Nie.
On Monday, Miss South Africa, Miss Mexico, and Miss Puerto Rico were named finalists of Miss Universe 2019.
|Miss Universe 2019 Zozibini Tunzi. Photo: Fox|
The three women faced off for the crown in the question and answer segment as the evening came to a close.
Miss South Africa Zozibini Tunzi was eventually named the night’s winner.
The first runner-up title went to Miss Puerto Rico Madison Anderson, while Miss Mexico Sofia Aragon came in third.
Last year, Vietnam’s H’Hen Nie made it into the Top Five in the Miss Universe 2018 competition in Thailand.
|Miss Nicaragua Inés López, Miss Vietnam Hoang Thuy, and Miss USA Cheslie Kryst pose with cast members of Volta during Volta By Cirque Du Soleil at Atlantic Station on December 04, 2019 in Atlanta, Georgia. Photo: AFP|
- Miss Gibraltar 2019 is Celine Bolaños
- Miss Gibraltar 2019
- Miss Ireland 2019: Beauty queens for the #MeToo generation
- NASA data scientist wins Miss Universe Ireland
- Some Like It Hot: Miss MAXIM 2019 Beauty Pageant
- Belarus announces its contestant for Miss International 2019
- Here Are the 21 Semi-Finalists For Miss Finland 2019 Competition
- Former Edinburgh University student crowned Miss Scotland 2019
- Miss Hitler 2019 contest – organised by Portuguese
- Itali, zgjidhet Miss Mami 2019
- Carolina Stramare is crowned Miss Italy 2019
- CERN tours – go on, expand your universe – 2019 open days
- Grantham teenager wins award at 'Miss Lincolnshire 2019'
- Derby junior doctor crowned Miss England 2019
- Local Briefs: Government meetings for June 20 to 26, 2019
- 4865 UNFPA Programme Finance Asst 20-31 May 2019
- Miss Gibraltar and her princesses collect prizes
- Radiant Miss Heilala contestants join orientation
- A second Derby beauty has made the final of Miss England
- Beauty queens for the #MeToo generation
Vietnam beauty finishes in Top 20 at Miss Universe 2019 have 589 words, post on tuoitrenews.vn at December 9, 2019. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.