Sĩ Đức Quang, 38, from the Hà Nội National University of Education, was the youngest person to become a professor in Viet Nam this year. The maths professor talks with Hà Nguyễn about his upbringing and his love for maths. Inner Sanctum: You were a talented literature student, so how did you end up researching maths? I have been interested in mathematics since I started reading the Journal of Mathematics and Youth in 1997. The mathematical stories and problems attracted me by their beauty, creativity and challenging nature. When I was a student, after learning advanced mathematics, I saw this subject is not only beautiful but also contains philosophy. One of the most important reasons for my interest in mathematics is that this subject is the basis for almost all other natural scientific subjects. I see researching mathematics as really meaningful work. Inner Sanctum: How did you go about mastering mathematics? When I was a student at high school, first I learned in detail the knowledge in the high school syllabus, and then tried to find articles on fundamental mathematics to learn more. I do not consider solving difficult exercises as the most important thing. For me, understanding… Read full this story
- 7-Day strategy to restart your business operations post COVID-19: Assessment, Reallocation, Rising up
- Coronavirus: Does COVID-19 really impact your eyesight - and if so, how?
- My letter to Jeremy Corbyn: your nation is threatened – back a people’s vote
- Take this test to PROVE you're a good person: Divisive viral challenge asks if you always return the shopping cart at the grocery store - and claims those who don't are 'absolute savages'
- Prove your allegations or face legal action: Folk singer Malini Awasthi sends legal notice to Congress leader Gaurav Pandhi for defaming husband
- Best fitness trackers for 2020 to help you reach your fitness goals
- Dance your way to wellness!
- Best travel camera 2020: 10 vacation-friendly models for your next holiday
- How to stay cool without air conditioning when your house is hot and the outdoors are closed
- Is your home office damaging your body? Therapist reveals how to avoid injuries while working - and the perfect posture regardless of your setup
Professor Sĩ Đức Quang proves if you're old enough, you're good enough have 367 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at December 15, 2019. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.