The request was made by General Do Ba Ty, member of the Central Committee of the Communist Party of Vietnam, Deputy Chairman of the National Assembly (NA), at a meeting with troops of Army Corps 16 on April 14.
The NA deputy chairman also praised achievements recorded by the corps command and its affiliated units over the past years.
The same day, General Ty and his entourage also visited, inquired after and offered gifts to troops and people in the defense-economic zone of Regiment 720 of Army Corps 16 in Tuy Duc district, Dak Nong province.
Translated by Trung Thanh
- GOP senator asks DHS to fire Army Corps, hire private companies to build the wall
- GOP senator urges taking job of building border wall away from the Army Corps of Engineers and giving it to private companies
- Army Corps approves $2 billion Arizona copper mine project
- National Assembly set to vote on fine dust bills | Yonhap News Agency
- (LEAD) National Assembly kicks off extra session after 2-month hiatus
- Army Corps to send less Lake Okeechobee water down the Caloosahatchee starting Friday
- Dredging of Gordon Pass in Naples put off; Army Corps of Engineers diverts funding
- Army Corps of Engineers grants final permit for PolyMet mine
- U.S. Army Corps of Engineers pulls funding from Gordon Pass dredging project
- Jewish journalist attacked by Maduro gangs speaks to National Assembly