She also won a minor title of Miss Ao Dai. Van received a crown made of gold and gemstones, a cash prize of VND300 million. The beauty will represent Vietnam at Miss Universe 2020.
The first and second runners-up went to Nguyen Huynh Kim Duyen from the Mekong Delta city of Can Tho and Pham Hong Thuy Van of HCMC respectively.
The organization board also presented other minor titles, including Miss Popular Vote to Vu Thi Hoa Lien, Miss Friendly to Luong Y Nhu, Miss Talent to Nguyen Ngo Hoang Nhi, Miss Sea to Le Hoang Phuong, Miss Sport to Nguyen Diana, Miss Fashion to Nguyen Thi Huong Ly and Miss Independent to Vu Quynh Trang.
Miss Universe Vietnam beauty contest 2019 themed “Brave Heart” saw its qualifying rounds which took place in Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City in September. 70 selected contestants participated in the semi-final and final round in Khanh Hoa Province’s Nha Trang coastal city in November in December.
The pageant is for all Vietnamese women living and working in the country who are between the ages of 18-25 over 1m65 tall , single, without children and have at least a high school diploma, and not got any plastic surgeries.
Singer Thuy Lam won Miss Universe Vietnam which was held for the first time in 2008. Pham Thi Huong, from the northern port city of Hai Phong was winner of the Miss Universe Vietnam 2015.
H’Hen Nie, a girl of E De ethnic minority group crowned Miss Universe Vietnam 2017.She represented Vietnam made it to the Top 5 alongside, Miss Philippines, Miss Puerto Rico, Miss South Africa and Miss Venezuela at the final round of the Miss Universe 2018 concluding in Bangkok, Thailand. She is the first Vietnamese beauty named in top five in one of the most prestigious beauty contests in the world and proclaimed Missosology’s Timeless Beauty.She has been named the 50 most influential women in Vietnam in 2019.
- Miss Universe Vietnam Khanh Van not in Top Five of Timeless Beauty
- How to watch the 69th Miss Universe prelims, pageant night in the Philippines
- Miss Zambales Joanna Maria Rabe withdraws from Miss Universe PH 2021
- Titleholders Brook Lee, Zuleyka Rivera among Miss Universe 2020 judges
- LOOK: Miss Universe Cameroon wears evening gown by Filipino designer Benj Leguiab
- Ybonne Ortega tests positive for COVID-19, withdraws from Miss Universe PH
- Myanmar, Singapore bets make statements with Miss Universe national costumes
- 'I was 18 when India won Miss Universe': Sushmita's throwback post
- Maureen Montagne hopes for a back-to-back win in Miss Eco International
- Miss Universe Philippines partners with JC
- ‘Badjao Girl’ Rita Gaviola hints at joining next year’s Miss Universe pageant
- Miss Universe Philippines 2021 postpones grand coronation night
- LOOK: Miss Universe PH queens dazzle in neon swimsuits before jeepney signages
- Vietnamese beauty wins Miss Grand Slam Asia 2009
- VIETNAM NEWS HEADLINES SEPTEMBER 20
- Two Vietnamese contestants vie for Miss Grand Slam 2020
- Who will represent Vietnam at Miss Grand International 2021?
- The forgotten story of Australia's original beauty queen
- VIETNAM NEWS HEADLINES SEPTEMBER 23
- These 5 beauties are queens on TikTok too
HCMC’s beauty wins 2019 Miss Universe Vietnam pageant have 508 words, post on sggpnews.org.vn at December 8, 2019. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.