This was heard at a conference in Hanoi on September 19 held by the General Department of Politics (GDP) of the Vietnam People’s Army (VPA) under the chair of its Deputy Director, Senior Lieutenant General Nguyen Trong Nghia.
The event also saw the participation of representatives from the Vietnam Union of Friendship Organizations (VUFO), the Vietnam-Laos Friendship Association, the Liaison Board of the former Vietnamese volunteer troops and specialists in Laos, and functional units of the Defense Ministry and the GDP.
|Senior Lieutenant General Nguyen Trong Nghia speaking at the event|
During the conference, a leader of the Department of Political Education and Information under the GDP reported the implementation of several programs to mark the event.
Accordingly, the department built a draft plan for the Defense Ministry on carrying out activities in celebration of the foundation day. These activities will focus on disseminating the information about the establishment and development of the force as well as their great contributions to the Lao revolution.
Through those programs, the organizing panel expected to further educate troops and people of patriotism and encourage them to try their best for the cause of national construction and defense.
At the same time, they will contribute to fostering a special friendship and solidarity between the Parties, peoples, and militaries of Vietnam and Laos.
Also at the conference, delegates discussed and made recommendations to finalize the aforementioned draft plan on the organization of activities in celebration of the 70th founding anniversary of the force, with a focus on information dissemination, support for former Vietnamese volunteer troops and specialists, and a grand ceremony in Laos.
Concluding the event, General Nghia underscored that responsible units should closely work with relevant organizations to actively implement set activities. Besides, military press agencies are to promote dissemination of the information about the contributions of former Vietnamese volunteer troops and specialists in Laos as well as the special friendship and time-honored solidarity between the two countries.
Translated by Khanh Ngan
- Morgans’ staff spend a day volunteering to help out Leeds Mencap
- Rama Devi University to hold its foundation day on Dec 3
- President, PM Modi wish people of Kerala, Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh on foundation days
- AU foundation day mark unique protest by student leaders
- DPRK holds mass parade to celebrate Foundation Day
- Lifestyle Visitors taste pho in cold, rainy weather at Day of Pho in Hanoi Authorities unveil plan to turn Da Lat into smart city
- Lifestyle Visitors taste pho in cold, rainy weather at Day of Pho in Hanoi EFL teaching in London vs. Ho Chi Minh City
- Lifestyle Visitors taste pho in cold, rainy weather at Day of Pho in Hanoi New Year’s Day…Here we go again!
- Lifestyle Visitors taste pho in cold, rainy weather at Day of Pho in Hanoi 2018 – the year that was in Tuoi Tre photos
- Lifestyle Visitors taste pho in cold, rainy weather at Day of Pho in Hanoi Vietnam forms committee to probe Grab-Uber deal