|Vietnamese troops in a bomb and mine detection and clearance activity.|
PANO – The first conference of the Experts Working Group on Humanitarian Mine Action under the ASEAN Defence Ministers’ Meeting Plus (ADMM+) will take place in Vietnam in mid-2014.
The General Department of Politics instructs its units to popularize, ensure security and order, and prepare artistic performances for the event.
Earlier, an initiative to form an ADMM+ expert working group on humanitarian mine action to overcome the aftermath of bombs and mines left by wars and conflicts, put forward by Vietnam, was adopted by the second ADMM+ in August 2013 in Brunei. Of which, Vietnam and India are the first co-chairs of the group.
Accordingly, the two countries built an action plan for the group in the 2014-2017 period, which was discussed in the ASEAN Defence Senior Officials’ Meeting Working Group (ADSOM WG) and will be approved in the ASEAN Defence Senior Officials’ Meeting-Plus (ADSOM+) at the end of this month.
Translated by Van Hieu
- Experts urge action against HIV prison ’incubators’
- Leaders, NGOs meet in Istanbul for first humanitarian summit
- Third ADMM + Meeting on Humanitarian Assistance and Disaster Relief
- As ASEAN turns 50, experts discuss bloc’s practicality
- Vietnam performs int’l humanitarian mission through UN peacekeeping operations
- Missing-in-action US servicemen’s remains repatriated
- Voluntary blood donation and humanitarian healthcare increased
- U.N. launches record $22.2 billion humanitarian appeal for 2017
- Catholic solidarity committee holds Christmas gathering
- Ho Chi Minh city targets to collect 180,000 units of blood in 2014