The FLEGT-VPA will help Vietnam boost its wood exports to the EU market where the demand keeps growing strongly Heidi Hautala, Vice President of the European Parliament, told VIR during her recent working visit to Vietnam that the Forest Law Enforcement, Governance and Trade Voluntary Partnership Agreement (FLEGT-VPA), which took effect from June 1, 2019 will turn Vietnam into a more attractive location for European investment. “The FLEGT-VPA process and implementation will add to the confidence of European businesses in Vietnam’s business environment,” Hautala said. “This will help Vietnam attract more investment from the EU, which is tending to increase now.” “Currently, European consumers and enterprises have a growing demand for imported wood products whose production and origins are quite transparent,” she added. “This will further prompt European investors to come to Vietnam to both implement projects directly and co-operate with local partners in exports. I am seeing many European businesses plan to expand business and investment into Vietnam.” Figures from Vietnam’s Ministry of Planning and Investment show that as of June 20, 2019, businesses from 28 European nations have registered more than $54.8 billion in nearly 3,400 projects in Vietnam. Hautala’s visit to Vietnam was aimed to discuss the… Read full this story
- Iran Vows ‘Equal Countermeasures’ Against U.S. if Oil Exports Blocked
- 'Veep' Jonah Ryan ad or Joe Donnelly ad? Senator chops wood in video compared to parody.
- Toddler's Toes Chopped Off After Mother's Boyfriend Pushed TV Stand Onto Boy
- "Do You Want Entire Country To Be Full Of Vegetarians?", SC Asks Petitioners Seeking Ban Of Meat Exports [Read Petition]
- Cheap Oil Is Blocking Progress On Climate Change
- US-Japan Trade Deal Hits Road Block Over Autos
- Rocked By Trump's Sanctions, Iranian Oil Exports Drops Further
- Man walking by finds human skull in woods in Clear Lake
- S. Arabia Blocking Approval Of UN Oceans Report: Participants
- Knock on Wood: Importers Fret After Feds Raid Guitar Maker Under Lacey Act
Wood exporting blocks chopped down by VPA have 323 words, post on www.vir.com.vn at November 16, 2019. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.