A woman in her 80s has died and 19 elderly people have been injured after an horrific minibus crash, police confirm.
Police rushed to scene near Bluntisham village in Cambridgeshire at 4.51pm yesterday after reports of a collision involving a white Mercedes minibus and a black Volkswagen Golf.
Ten ambulances, 20 firefighters, the East Anglian Air Ambulance and a hazard response team all rushed to the scene.
The crash happened near Bluntisham village in Cambridgeshire at 4.51pm yesterday and is thought to have involved two vehicles including a minibus (pictured police at the scene)
An East of England Ambulance Service spokesman said there are as many as 15 casualties with police saying some are seriously injured (pictured, a damaged car and overturned minibus following the crash)
Cambridgeshire Police today confirmed that an elderly woman had died and a man in his 70s remains in hospital in a serious condition.
A police spokesperson said: ‘Emergency services attended, but despite their best efforts, one woman, aged in her 80s, was pronounced dead at the scene.
‘A total of 18 passengers from the minibus, all aged between 60 and 80, were taken to hospital. Some were seriously injured, but further details are unclear.
‘The driver of the Volkswagen, a man in his 70s, was also taken to hospital where he remains in a serious condition. The road has now re-opened.
‘Anyone who witnessed the collision, or has any information, is asked to contact the road policing unit on 101 quoting incident number 365 of 15 November or visit www.cambs.police.uk/report’
It is believed ten ambulances, 20 firefighters, the East Anglian Air Ambulance and a hazard response team are all at the scene (pictured, police at the scene)
The crash happened on the B1040 Somersham Road, at its junction with Bluntisham Heath Road, and was reported at 4.51pm today
- Car kills 5, injures several in Trier pedestrian zone: police
- Inmate and guards seriously injured as prison van crashes on A27
- Hackney crash: At least five people injured after car mounts pavement in north London
- Kano girl dies inside well as 17 passengers survive auto-crash
- German car 'attack' RECAP: Baby among 5 dead as 'drunk' driver rams pedestrians
- Germany car attack – Two dead & 15 injured in Trier as car ploughs into pedestrians & sends ‘pram flying into the air’
- Cyclist hit and killed by ramraid car hours after suspects clash with police
- Pedestrian killed by car on Geary Blvd. in S.F.’s Richmond District
- Police hunt two armed robbers who posed as delivery drivers before threatening occupants of a Surrey pub with a gun and making off with cash
- At Least 14 People Killed, 26 Injured as Bus Falls From Bridge in Brazil, Reports Claim
- Health care workers and nursing home patients should get coronavirus vaccines FIRST, CDC advisors vote as one American dies of COVID-19 every MINUTE
- 'Some days I can't breathe': Canadian woman, 35, who has been sick with long-term effects of COVID-19 for NINE MONTHS fears the effects could be permanent
- First picture of woman, 23, killed in horror crash as car flipped on roundabout
- Eight British tourists injured with three critical after horror crash in Thailand
- ‘People Were Thrown Through the Air’: Several Dead After Car Crashes Through German Pedestrian Street
- Mother dead, baby injured as police chase suspected ‘Yahoo Boy’ in Benin
- Oxford confirms its Covid vaccine is 70% effective and safe - but scientists warn regulators face 'dilemma' in approving jab to be given as 1.5 doses (which they accidentally found is 90% protective)
- EXCLUSIVE: The heartbroken mum of a teenage girl, 19, who was 'ploughed down in the street by a speeding car' reveals the cruel twist of fate that led her kind and selfless daughter to be out that night - and how a sliding doors moment ended her life
- Car kills 5, injures several in Trier pedestrian zone
- Tragic teen, 19, dies of horror brain injury ‘after girls’ night row over petrol money led to motorway smash’
Woman in her 80s has died and 19 elderly people are injured after a minibus overturned in a head-on crash with a car, police confirm have 653 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at November 15, 2019. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.