Hanoi (VNA) – The standing board of the Vietnam Fatherland Front (VFF) Central Committee has extended sympathy along with aid in cash to victims of floods in the south central provinces of Khanh Hoa, Ninh Thuan and Phu Yen.
Floods caused by torrential rains as a consequence of storm Toraji claimed 13 lives, and caused the missing of four others while injuring 48 persons in the south central and central highlands regions as of early November 19, according to reports of the office of the Central Steering Committee for natural disaster control.
In addition, hundreds of houses were destroyed or damaged, and hundreds of hectares of food crops were inundated.
The board asked the VFF chapters in the provinces, in coordination with the local authorities and steering committees for natural disaster control, to count the number of fatalities, injured victims and damaged houses and report to the VFF Central Committee, so as to devise measures to assist the affected people.
The board sent 5 million VND in cash to each family of dead and missing victims and 3 million VND to each victim with serious injury.-VNA
- Goodguys 5th Bridgestone Nationals Partners with Hands on Nashville to aid Flood Victims
- Tan Chong Motor Holdings donates to flood victims
- Perodua distributes RM40k worth of supplies to flood victims, offers free inspections and discounts on parts
- List of Red Cross shelters accepting flood victims
- Lifestyle ‘Day of Pho’ to be held in Hanoi next week Company dumps black wastewater in south-central Vietnam river
- Perodua to assist KL flash flood victims – free towing to service centre, 20% off selected parts
- Naza donates to Johor flood victims
- Geneva battles past WW South for regional crown
- Conant takes 2nd at South Elgin regional
- Ryan Hong of Los Osos wins Central Region golf tournament