The number of Vietnamese higher education students in the United States has increased for 18 consecutive years, according to the Institute of International Education’s (IIE) annual “Open Doors” Report released November 18. The report for the 2018-2019 academic year (AY) shows that Vietnam remains the sixth leading country of origin for all international higher education students in the United States, with 24,392 students studying at U.S. institutes of higher education, a 0.3 percent increase from AY 2017-2018. Vietnamese students contribute nearly $1 billion to the U.S. economy. Of the 24,392 Vietnamese higher education students in the United States, 69.9 percent were undergraduates, 15.2 percent were graduate level students, 10.2 percent enrolled in Optional Practical Training (OPT), and the remaining 4.6 percent were pursuing non-degree programs. The data also revealed that Vietnam is becoming a more popular destination for American students. The number of American students studying abroad in Vietnam increased 7.1 percent, from 1,147 in AY 2016-17 to 1,228 in AY 2017-18. According to the report, 1,095,299 international students were studying at U.S. higher education institutes during AY 2018-2019, a .05 percent increase over AY 2017-2018. The United States remains the top host of international higher education students globally with… Read full this story
- Tuition-free college will insufficiently improve higher education outcomes
- Opinion: We know how higher education is failing black students, so why aren't we fixing it?
- Groups rally at NY Capitol for higher education funding
- Amazon pullout from NYC shows the perils of partnerships between higher education and business
- Editor says there is an 'obsession' with elite higher education in US
- Kansas businesses want more money for higher education
- Congress Might Finally Overhaul Higher Education
- UGA Became The Birthplace Of Public Higher Education 234 Years Ago
- Higher education: Colleges add cannabis to the curriculum
- College scandal confirms higher education all about making money
US continues to be top choice for Vietnamese higher education students have 297 words, post on dtinews.vn at November 19, 2019. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.