On the same day, Lao Cai border guards and their Chinese counterparts also organized a meeting to exchange New Year wishes and discuss issues relating to border and border gate management of each side. They affirmed their high resolve to promote cooperation in ensuring border security and combating smuggling.
Vietnamese and Chinese border guards also met in the middle of Kim Thanh railway and road bridge number 2 and Ho Kieu bridge to send New Year greetings to each other. They agreed to coordinate closely to protect the shared border.
In recent years, Lao Cai’s border guards have enjoyed good relations with their Chinese counterparts through numerous exchange programs in culture, art and sports. They have worked closely in popularising law to locals along the shared border as well as preventing and combating cross-border crimes in a more effective manner.
Translated by Song Anh
- Border guards discover explosive cargo in Southeastern Iran
- Border guards apprehend eight suspected illegal entrants to Estonia
- No evidence FBI, RCMP directed border guards' examination of Meng Wanzhou: Crown
- “Businesses Thrive, Lao Cai Develops”
- Lao Cai Province’s tourism development programme period 2011-2015
- Lao Cai Tourism Set To Fly
- Lao Cai’s first four-star hotel inaugurated
- 4,000 athletes to compete in mountain marathon in Lao Cai
- Lao Cai pledges to retain authenticity of lovers’ market
- Bac Ha market – special cultural feature in Lao Cai