In this digital age, few things are as important as keeping your information protected. One of the first steps to securing your information is storing it in a password protected folder. Unfortunately, neither Windows nor MacOS offer this protection as a standard. In this guide, we are going to help you safeguard your sensitive data through password protection on your folders. Our step-by-step guides for Windows and MacOS will easily walk you through the process, providing you both security and peace of mind. Note: If you ever need help remembering passwords, consider one of the best password managers. Windows 10 Pro folder encryption If you’re running Windows 10 Pro, there is a built-in protection system, though it’s not the most fully featured. Windows 10 Pro’s basic encryption offers file obfuscation that locks a file to your account. That way, if someone on another account or someone who copied your files away to another PC, tried to access your content, they’d need to know your account password — which better not be one of the most common passwords. Anyone using your PC and account would still have access, however. Step 1: Right-click on your chosen file and select Properties from the drop-down… Read full this story
- How to make your Mac look like Windows 10
- The best media players for PC and MacOS
- Best endpoint protection software of 2020: Free and paid business internet security tools and services
- Windows 10 installer files too big for USB flash drive? Here's the fix
- Windows and macOS still haven’t found the right balance for managing apps
- Microsoft: Worried about Thunderbolt attacks? Get a Windows 10 Secured-Core PC
- Valve ends SteamVR support for macOS
- Can You Use FaceTime on Windows?
- How to protect yourself from cyberattacks while working from home
- How to sign up for Google's Advanced Protection Program
How to password protect a folder on Windows and MacOS have 305 words, post on www.digitaltrends.com at November 26, 2019. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.