SAN DIEGO, CA — The Hemlock Society of San Diego is hosting three events this month that address voluntary euthanasia.
“Medical Aid in Dying in Canada: What California Can Learn From It” will be discussed at two sessions by Dr. Stefanie Green, a medical aid-in-dying provider and founder of the Canadian Association of MAID Assessors and Providers, who was the first physician to lawfully provide MAID to a dementia patient, according to organizers.
She will address how and why voluntary euthanasia is legal in Canada and not in the U.S.
Green will be in Solana Beach on Nov. 16, at 1 p.m., at the Solana Beach Library located at Earl Warren Middle School, 157 Stevens Ave.
Her second appearance will be Nov. 17 at 1:30 p.m. at the Scottish Rite Event Center, 1895 Camino del Rio So. in San Diego.
On Nov. 19 from 6 p.m. to 7 p.m. at the La Jolla Riford Library, Dr. Lewis Cohen will discuss his book, “A Dignified Ending: Taking Control Over How We Die,” which explores real cases of those who choose to end their own lives with the support of family and friends.
The library is at 7555 Draper Ave.
The events are free, but donations are appreciated. Follow this link for more information.
Founded in 1987, the non-profit Hemlock Society of San Diego aims to educate the community about end-of-life choices.
- Calendar of upcoming events in Southwest Florida
- CFANY & Climate Week NYC Converge with Inimitable Climate and ESG Asset Owner Summit Event
- Society Notebook: Sanford celebrates its birthday with a barn dance
- Barber: Life in 1947: Marriage
- The 21 Best Events in Denver, August 21-27
- MagneGas to Present USDA-Funded Sterilization Results To the Soil and Water Conservation Society
- Garden events in the San Fernando Valley and LA area, Aug. 3-10
- Disney ends 'Los Angeles Times' ban after widespread backlash from film critics
- Empire's Enchanted Card Coloring Society
- Moleculin Biotech, Inc. Reports Financial Results for the Second Quarter Ended June 30, 2018
Hemlock Society Of SD: Upcoming Events Discuss End Of Life have 325 words, post on patch.com at November 8, 2019. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.