The capital city choked on unprecedentedly poisonous air throughout Tuesday with the air quality index (AQI) monitored at most sensor stations reaching hazardous levels of above 300 from early in the morning. Thick haze blankets Hanoi’s Tran Duy Hung District on Tuesday. The AQI recorded at Long Bien District’s Nguyen Van Cu Station, for example, hit 344 at 5am then dropped to 270 – very unhealthy – at 8am. At other stations on Thanh Xuan District’s Nguyen Che Nghia Street and Cau Giay District’s Pham Tuan Tai Street, AQI was reported at nearly hazardous levels, with 299 and 295, respectively. In the afternoon, air quality slightly improved but remained at an unhealthy level (from 151 to 200) with visible dense haze engulfing the entire city. Independent air quality trackers, PAMAir and AirVisual, reported similar results. At 4pm, AirVisual ranked Hanoi third worldwide for the highest AQI, following Pakistan’s Lahore and India’s Delhi. Northern provinces including Phu Tho, Tuyen Quang and Thai Nguyen suffered the same ordeal. According to Hoang Duong Tung, head of the Vietnam Clean Air Partnership, this was the worst air quality to hit Hanoi so far. “The pollution is alarming. Hanoi authorities should immediately warn citizens to… Read full this story
- India Finally Has Plan to Fight Air Pollution. Environmentalists Are Wary.
- Air pollution discriminates: One suburb forced a factory closure, others aren't so lucky
- Air Pollution Killing More People Than Smoking
- How one air pollution study from 1993 changed history
- Which cities face most, least air pollution according to new WHO data
- Is air pollution tied to higher dementia risk?
- Air pollution from UK shipping is four times higher than previously thought
- Paris and London are both failing to meet air pollution limits
- Air pollution is a bigger killer than SMOKING
- Freshest ways to beat air pollution
Hazardous air pollution engulfs Hanoi have 302 words, post on vietnamnet.vn at November 14, 2019. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.