HCM City and the 13 provinces of the Mekong Delta region have agreed to establish a council to enhance their cooperation in tourism development. Delegates at a meeting to discuss tourism cooperation between HCMC and the Mekong Delta - At a meeting in the Mekong Delta province of Bac Lieu today, November 20, as part of the Bac Lieu Culture-Tourism Week, Bac Lieu chairman Duong Thanh Trung said that the official ceremony to sign an agreement on the council’s establishment would be held in mid-December. Cao Xuan Thu Van, director of the provincial Department of Culture, Sports and Tourism, said the council will be responsible for studying and proposing policies and solutions to bolster tourism cooperation between HCMC and the 13 Mekong Delta provinces in the 2020-2021 period. The council will also handle obstacles to tourism development, which are beyond the jurisdiction of the local tourism departments. It set targets to upgrade existing tourism destinations in both HCMC and the Mekong Delta and launch at least three new tours connecting HCMC and the delta. In addition, the council will call for investment in tourism and traffic infrastructure projects and will execute tourism promotion programs. An assisting group for the council… Read full this story
- HCM City ties up with VN-focused Hong Kong tourism site
- Mekong Delta suffers from coastal erosion, landslides
- HCM City keen on boosting partnership with Singapore
- HCM City seeks Hong Kong’s experiences in financial management
- Seminar talks marine planning, coastal ecosystems in Mekong Delta
- Mekong Delta erosion incidents increase
- The One-Pillar Pagoda lookalike in Mekong Delta
- Mekong Delta forecast to have small floods this year
- HCM City, UK partner in building smart urban
- Will Vietnam's Mekong Delta be under water by 2050?
Council established to boost HCM City, Mekong Delta tourism cooperation have 286 words, post on vietnamnet.vn at November 21, 2019. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.