Local media has reported that three Vietnamese football players have draw the attention of Thailand’s Bangkok United FC.
|(From left to right) Vietnamese players Nguyen Cong Phuong, Nguyen Van Toan and Luong Xuan Truong are watched by Bangkok United’s scout. — Photo ghienbongda.vn|
The trio are midfielder Luong Xuan Truong and striker Nguyen Van Toan of local team Hoang Anh Gia Lai FC and forward Nguyen Cong Phuong of Belgian side Sint Truidense.
Bangkok United’s coaching assistant and former national team player Panupong Wongsa was reportedly intrigued by their recent performances with the national team.
Speaking with media recently, Wongsa said Bangkok United head coach Alexandre Polking would strengthen his team with new names. Among them are three players from Viet Nam who won the AFF Cup 2018.
“Bangkok United is the suitable destination to these players. With their service, the team will be stronger in their run to take the national league trophy in the next season. Bangkok United will keep an eye on them in the coming transfer window,” Wongsa was quoted as saying on vov.vn.
Bangkok United are currently fourth in the Thai top-flight with 41 points after 25 matches. Buriram United, Truong’s former club, are top with 48 points.
- Four Vietnamese footballers named in Best 11 of SEA Games 30
- Marshall football player suspended from team after arrest
- Four Vietnamese footballers named in Best 11 of SEA Games
- The best football player is Hamšík
- Baton Rouge man allegedly involved in shooting arrested, is LSU football player's brother
- Manchester United overrun by Sevilla but David de Gea’s saves ensure parity
- Dutch club to honor their Vietnamese player for SEA Games heroics
- Manley to McTominay: 4,000 victories for Manchester United’s academy
- Manchester United boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer says it's too early to talk about top four
- Scott McTominay’s road from under-11 Wembley final to United regular