As Chinese censorship grips the professional sports world – including esports – it is important to understand just how much China is influencing the rest of the world. The Australian Strategic Policy Institute (ASPI), a non-partisan think tank partially funded by the Australian government, has been tracking Chinese influence around the world with a particular focus in Chinese tech companies. The organization has an online database that shows “the global expansion of 12 key Chinese tech companies working across the telecommunications, internet & biotech sectors.” The accompanying map includes more than 1700 points of overseas presence and more than 17,000 total data points. ASPI focused on three main technology expansions: 5G networks, “Smart Cities,” and overseas research and development. “5G technology is expected to unlock unprecedented levels of speed and connectivity and will enable the Internet of Things, smart cities, autonomous vehicles and more. Once implemented, 5G will become crucial to everything, from our economies to our critical infrastructure, military technologies and the daily lives of ordinary citizens,” ASPI notes on the database. “The huge potential of 5G technology makes it politically and strategically sensitive. Huawei is a world leader in 5G technology but has faced significant political pushback due… Read full this story
- The Week in Tech: Who Should Let Driverless Cars Off the Leash?
- Apple, Facebook, Google, And Alibaba Take Hollywood
- A.I. and Privacy Concerns Get White House to Embrace Global Cooperation
- 2019 Is a Sensitive Year for China. Xi Is Nervous.
- “Men Are Scum”: Inside Facebook’s War on Hate Speech
- Hayward: Viral Authoritarianism Spreads from China to Australia with New Censorship Law
- Five Below, Inc (FIVE) Q4 2018 Earnings Conference Call Transcript
This Online Tool Lets You See How Chinese Tech Companies Are Influencing The World have 279 words, post on www.dailywire.com at October 12, 2019. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.