The Hundred Draft is complete with 96 players earning deals, Luke Wright becoming Mr Irrelevant and Chris Gayle left without a franchise.
The great and good of cricket gathered at Sky Studios on Sunday night for the inaugural Hundred Draft, with Afghanistan leg-spinner Rashid Khan selected as No 1 pick by Trent Rockets head coach Stephen Fleming.
Sussex’s Wright – who has scored more runs in English T20 cricket than any other player – also joined the Rockets but was the final player to be picked, the ‘Mr Irrelevant’ position as it is known in the NFL.
However, Gayle was even more irrelevant with none of the eight franchises willing to meet his reserve price of £125k, despite the 40-year-old Jamaican having had a stellar T20 career.
Here was how Twitter reacted to the draft…
Sussex legend Ravi Bopara celebrates an extra £100,000 in his back pocket with a cup of tea. Mint.
— Dean Wilson (@CricketMirror) October 20, 2019
Watch The Hundred, live on Sky Sports from July 2020.
- Twitter reacts to Cowboys hiring Mike McCarthy as head coach
- Twitter reacts to Saints' overtime loss to Vikings, controversial non-OPI call
- Twitter reacts to Matt Rhule taking Panthers head coaching job, Giants hiring Joe Judge
- LOOK: NFL players on Twitter in shock after Vikings' miracle TD to beat Saints
- Jimmy Johnson elected to the Hall of Fame: Aikman, Irvin, and Smith get emotional; Jerry Jones reacts to news
- Josh McCown emotional after appearing in first playoff game at age 40: 'It was a heck of a ride'
- Russell Wilson asks about Carson Wentz's status right after game, says 'it was tough to see Carson go down'
- Antonio Brown suggests an 'Antonio Brown Curse' exists, and the evidence is kind of damning
- Mike McCarthy, Cowboys hiring: Troy Aikman scolds team for handling of Jason Garrett divorce
- Steelers will likely bring back offensive coordinator Randy Fichtner for 2020 season, per report
- Deshaun Watson breaks down his ridiculous game-winning touchdown: 'I kind of threw it blind'
- Dez Bryant has seen your 'Dez caught it' tweets and he finds them funny
The Hundred Draft: How Twitter reacted to all the big moves have 617 words, post on www.skysports.com at October 19, 2019. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.