IF EVERY job interview involved a kick-about on a football pitch or a training session in the gym, more youngsters would be enthused about their career prospects. But, too often, the ambitions of young people leaving school are crushed by the stark reality of the workplace. Street League can restore these hopes and dreams through a combination of sport and employment training. For Johnmichael Green, his career with DHL Express literally started with a game of football. It was an opportunity to break the ice with the people who would later become his colleagues after the school leaver was signed up for a five-week placement. One year later, Johnmichael is now a trusted and respected member of the DHL team, and works as a courier driver for the firm. At DHL’s Glasgow Service Centre in Paisley, they are really proud to have an average workspan of 17 years, with the longest serving member of staff working with them for 35 years. However, the fresh eyes and perspective of the 20-year-old from Ferguslie were also very much welcomed by the team. “We have a wide spectrum of people here and having a diversity in the workplace is absolutely brilliant,” says Richie… Read full this story
- LS V.League 1 season set to resume on June 5
- Premier League academy teams set to play in EFL Trophy next season
- Zack Snyder's Justice League Will Not Set Up Any Sequels or Spin-Offs
- AC Milan's Europa League Ban Appeal Set For Thursday
- Hull FC's rugby league legend Johnny Whiteley relives VE-Day joy that brought war to an end
- Dominic Cummings 'is set to quit in six months': Boris Johnson's under-fire chief adviser 'will leave after drawing a line under Brexit'
- Premier League wrap-up: Carrick shines on swansong; Salah sets record, Blues miss out on CL spot
- Berlin derby taken to the streets in battle of team stickers
- How The Premier League Title Race And Top-Four Battle Will Be Decided
- Coronation Street has 'only 20 episodes left and could be taken off air in July' if filming doesn't resume soon
Street League is part and parcel of DHL set-up have 345 words, post on www.dailyrecord.co.uk at October 2, 2019. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.