For much of his Hollywood career, Ron Ely was best known as the handsome and affable 6-foot-4 actor who played “Tarzan” in the short-lived 1960s TV series and who later hosted the Miss America pageant. Now, the 81-year-old Ely’s name is associated with a gruesome family tragedy. On Tuesday night, Ely’s 30-year-old son Cameron fatally stabbed his 62-year-old wife, Valerie Lundeen Ely, the Santa Barbara County Sheriff’s Office said. Cameron was then fatally shot by responding deputies who deemed him “a threat.” Now Ely’s diehard fans, as well as people who are just discovering him for the first time through this tragedy, are asking how this could happen.From published reports about the Ely family over the decades, it sounds as though the Texas-born actor and his wife of 35 years had created a loving home for Cameron and his two sisters in the exclusive Hope Ranch neighborhood of Santa Barbara. In interviews, Ely talked about how he left acting to devote himself to being a hands-on father. Cameron, who inherited his father’s good looks and athletic prowess, also seemed to thrive. He attended Phillips Exeter Academy, earned a spot at Harvard and joined the elite university’s football team in 2007… Read full this story
- 'Tarzan' actor's son unarmed when fatally shot by deputies
- 'Tarzan' actor Ron Ely's son was unarmed when deputies killed him after he attacked mother, investigators say
- ‘Tarzan’ actor’s son unarmed when fatally shot by deputies
- Microsoft Edge has a promising future on iPad
- Air-Breathing Rocket Engine Promises Future Space Planes
- Netflix and no chill: Filmmakers and actors blast streaming service over 'chipmunk mode' plans to let viewers watch shows at speeds of up to 50% faster
- Vietnamese woman claims 15-year-old brother is the 'youngest victim' of migrant truck tragedy and died in 'bid to be reuninted with his parents who are both illegally living in Britain'
- This Might Finally Be It For Eli Manning
- Hunt for Vietnamese gang lord behind Essex migrant tragedy: Police identify millionaire people-smuggler boss 'Mr Truong' after his thugs threaten victims' families for speaking out'
- Vietnamese authorities send Essex Police list of 14 people who are feared to be among 39 dead in migrant truck tragedy - after 28 families from rural provinces come forward
Ron Ely’s tragedy: Tarzan actor’s handsome, Harvard quarterback son once had promising future have 379 words, post on www.mercurynews.com at October 17, 2019. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.