Taking the matter into their own hands, students and parents of OES International School in Oshiwara held a cleanliness drive to clear the accumulation of garbage outside the school gate. Despite repeated complaints to the Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation by the Parents Teachers Association (PTA) of the school, the garbage from the adjacent slum area was being dumped at the gate, posing health risks to the passer-by. In mere three hours, the students, parents and teachers cleared the area from a pile of garbage to pots of flowers. The garbage – mostly domestic wet waste – was collected in the bins and later taken away by BMC sanitation workers. “I brought the flower pots to the school so that once the area is cleaned, they can be kept there. Also, people will now stop dumping waste after seeing the place neat and clean,” Vinod Khanna, a student’s grandfather, said. “The school is in the midst of a slum area. Children are continuously being in a toxic and bad environment because of the garbage. It is not just the BMC or local corporator’s job to clean the area. We have to get the slum people to participate in the cleaning and maintenance… Read full this story
- New Study: Rates of Anti-LGBTQ School Bullying at 'Unprecedented High'
- Teachers who praise see a 30% increase in good behavior from students
- Chinese students in Britain are being 'manipulated and used' by their embassy, MPs told
- Texas teen who refuses to cut dreadlocks for school invited to Oscars by 'Hair Love' producers
- Louisiana charter schools must recognize and bargain with teacher unions, court decides
- Barnard College students 'apprehensive,' 'shaken up' after freshman, 18, stabbed to death nearby
- Schools warned that they could face legal action if they fail to allow trans pupils to use toilets of choice
- Pittsburgh Promise Pilot Program To Provide Coaches To Students At 3 Schools
- Bushfire-affected students back to schools rebuilt after being destroyed in blazes
- Teacher, student’s mother held for sedition over anti-CAA school play
Oshiwara: Teachers, students of OES International School clear garbage from school vicinity have 336 words, post on mumbaimirror.indiatimes.com at October 17, 2019. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.