on Saturday stepped up efforts for
(SAR) in the wake of
that is centred in the
One Coast Guard aircraft has been positioned at Coast Guard Air Enclave to augment the surface assets. Dornier aircraft is undertaking frequent sorties to look out for stranded fishing boats in the sea.
The Indian Coast Guard ships that are stationed on the Karnataka-Goa coast are – Samudra Prahari, Amal, Apoorva, Amartya and Rajdoot.
The Coast Guard is working in effective liaisoning with all three coastal district authorities of the state. As of now, approximately 500 Indian fishing boats (IFBs) from states like Kerala, Maharashtra and Tamil Nadu have taken shelter at Karwar. Approximately 120 IFBs are stationed at Udupi and Mangaluru.
In a swift and daring SAR operation, ICGS Amartya rescued 5 fishermen on October 25 from stranded IFB Rajkiran off Karwar.
The cyclone Kyarr, centred over the east-central Arabian Sea, is about 200km to the west of Ratnagiri, Maharashtra, 310km south-southwest of Mumbai and 1870 km east-southeast of Salalah (Oman).
IMD has advised fishermen not to venture along and off Maharashtra-Goa-Karnataka coasts and north-east Arabian Sea and adjoining south Gujarat coast during the next 24 hours.
- Indian coast guard ship visits HCM City
- Indian Coast Guard Ship visits Ho Chi Minh City
- India, Vietnam Coast Guards hold rescue drill at sea
- Vietnam, India Coast Guards hold rescue drill at sea
- RoK coast guard ship visits Vietnam
- Regional coast guards in talks over marine security
- Vietnamese coast guards determined to enforce law at sea
- Vietnam Coast Guard chief slams China for using warships to protect oil rig
- S. Korea says coast guard officer killed by Chinese sailor
- MND leader works with Coast Guard Command