NEW DELHI: Banning of onion exports seems to have impacted kitchen of Bangladesh Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina , as she urged India in lighter vein to provide prior information related to export ban. The Bangladeshi prime minister said that India’s sudden decision to stop onion exports has lead to a bit of difficulty for her countrymen. “I don’t know why you stopped onion (exports). So what I did was, I told my cook to not to use onion in foodâ¦Prior notice of such decisions would help. Suddenly, you stopped and it became a difficulty for us. In future, if you are taking such a decision, prior information would help,” she said in a lighter vein. She was addressing India-Bangladesh Business Forum here, which was organised by industry chambers, including CII and Assocham. Commerce and industry Minister Piyush Goyal was also present at the event. Last Sunday, India banned exports of onion to increase availability of the commodity in the domestic market and contain spiralling prices. The Centre has also imposed stock limits on both retail and wholsesale traders for onion. Further talking to enhancing trade and investments between the two countries, she said huge potential exists in Bangladesh for Indian… Read full this story
- UK's trade in breeding chicks may not be covered by planned live export 'ban'
- With PM Modi, Kohli posting fitness videos, has exercising become a fetish?
- ‘You called me a liar,’ Warren told Sanders post-Iowa debate
- Chinese students in Britain are being 'manipulated and used' by their embassy, MPs told
- Plastic-eating mealworms could help clean up the environment: Study finds creatures can consume disposable foam without accumulating toxins in their body -allowing them to still be used as food for other animals
- Biodiesel from food waste and used cooking oil
- Money saving mum Jack Monroe shows how to cook 12 family meals for just £5
- Trade demands opening up of onion exports as prices slide rapidly
- Is this cooking for idiots? My week eating nothing but ‘recipe box’ food
- If you want your kid to eat healthier, let them watch certain cooking shows
Don't use onion in food: Bangladesh PM told her cook post export ban have 352 words, post on timesofindia.indiatimes.com at October 4, 2019. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.