Financial Markets Banks warn of new fraud The Saigon Times Daily Wednesday, Oct 9, 2019,15:08 (GMT+7) Banks warn of new fraudThe Saigon Times Daily A customer inserts an ATM card into the machine – PHOTO: VNA HCMC – Some local banks, including Bank for Investment and Development of Vietnam (BIDV), Nam A Bank and Agribank, have warned their customers to be wary of hi-tech fraudsters, Nguoi Lao Dong newspaper reported. BIDV sent a notice to its customers, indicating that swindlers are posing as bank staff to trick clients. Together with the rapid growth of social networks, the number of scams taking place on websites by hi-tech fraudsters is rising rapidly, BIDV said. These scammers take advantage of images of BIDV’s conferences and its logo and pretend to be bank staff members when contacting bank customers through Zalo or Facebook. They offer loans of less than VND100 million to customers and ask them to submit an amount of VND1-2 million as a “risk fee” to accept the money. According to the bank, customers should be cautious when dealing with strangers who contact them to discuss services offered by the bank or information related to their bank accounts. A representative of Nam A Bank stated that… Read full this story
- SBI warns customers against this new kind of OTP scam
- EMI moratorium fraud: Banks asking customers to be alert, not to share OTP with imposters
- Warning over 'coronavirus fine' text alerts as scammers cash in
- Coronavirus Stimulus Check Scams, Fraud, Identity Theft Warning: Safety Tips From IRS as Millions Await Payment
- Coronavirus: Civil Defence warning after scam offers food parcels and loans
- Warning over cards that aim to improve credit scores charging up to 70% interest
- Chinese ambassador warns Canada to stop rallying allies
- Coronavirus scams: Guard against fraud cures and other cons
- Social media quizzes that 'test how much you know about coronavirus' could be scams to get you to hand over your personal information and bank details, public warned
- Beware of EMI moratorium frauds!
Banks warn of new fraud have 334 words, post on english.thesaigontimes.vn at October 9, 2019. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.