Xiaomi announces major breakthroughs in wireless charging. — Photo Courtesy Xiaomi
Xiaomi unveiled a major breakthrough with the world’s first 30W fast wireless charging device with reverse-charging capabilities.
It was among four innovations the Chinese tech giant announced on Tuesday, the others being an efficient 4:1 direct-charge architecture, a more secure and stable dual band transmission technology and a universal combination of wired OTG reverse-charging and high-power wireless reverse-charging, all of which will provide higher efficiency for wireless charging.
Xiaomi said its Mi 9 Pro 5G would sport this technology soon.
Compared to its previous 20W wireless charging 2:1 direct-charge architecture, the new 4:1 architecture utilises two levels of charge pump voltage reduction, the company said. This new architecture further improves efficiency while reducing the heat produced during charging, it said. A 30W fan-cooled wireless charging stand can charge a 4000mAh battery from zero to 50 per cent in 25 minutes and to 100 per cent in 69 minutes.
Xiaomi also announced plans to form a wireless charging alliance with leading companies in other industries to promote wireless charging in everyday life settings. — VNS
- Chakratec raises 4.4 M$ in series C round, to bring its innovative fast charging technology for EVs to market
- Ahead of IPO, Xiaomi sued by Coolpad for alleged patent infringement
- Xiaomi introduces Mi Music, Mi Video apps in India; exclusively available on Xiaomi phones
- Xiaomi sets up the Mi 8 for launch event
- Xiaomi Redmi S2 with dual cameras, 18:9 display, 16-megapixel front camera launched
- Xiaomi Unveils New Models in Its Mi TV 4C, Mi TV 4X, & Mi TV 4S Series
- Xiaomi files for mega Hong Kong tech IPO, lifts lid on financials
- Manu Jain ready to reap windfall from Xiaomi IPO
- Xiaomi Adds Google Assistant Support to Several Smart Home Products
- Xiaomi rolls out Mi Credit for instant loans in India